New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Intel PowerBooks, iSight and Widescreen iBook...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lil

Hello,

Rumours abound:

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=1359

http://www.channelregister.co.uk/200...ebook_roadmap/

I think if the 12" PowerBook is killed off - it'd be a crying shame

Just glad I have mine

Vicky :flower:
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

yea same here, looks like we might be owning a dying thing

can see why they would get rid of it though as the gap between the 12"PB and iBooks get smaller with every update but it would be awesome to see the new PBs with an iSight

Apple, think different
QUOTE Thanks
lil

Quote:
Originally Posted by inflexion
yea same here, looks like we might be owning a dying thing

can see why they would get rid of it though as the gap between the 12"PB and iBooks get smaller with every update but it would be awesome to see the new PBs with an iSight
That is true, but for those who need a higher end GPU, DVI output, dual monitor support (Apple sanctioned that is!) and clamshell mode - those things made me choose a 12" PowerBook - plus it has a much nicer keyboard...

Rumours will always be rumours but a 13" widescreen iBook *and* PowerBook would be nice :flower: Perhaps something in the old 15" 1280x864 resolution.

Rumours will be rumours though...

Either way, doesn't take away the fact I own and am using a 12" PowerBook now :flower: They are a very popular model - sold a lot of them when I worked at an AppleCentre, although much of that was to do with the fact seperating me from this thing is difficult and it always went to work with me and I wowed customers what the little silver box hooked up to a 23" Cinema display could do :flower:

And there is very much a wow factor over the PowerBook 12"...

That said, we probably sold 3 x as many iBook 12" which are phenomenally popular.

Vicky
QUOTE Thanks
trix213

its gettin killed off? i should get one now then.

"new" intel ibooks sitll won't have DVI and etc. correct?
QUOTE Thanks
boarderjosh10

boarderjosh10 is on a distinguished road

That would be horrible if they got rid of the 12 inch ones, I like them because they seem so small and portable, widescreen laptops seem to bulky, and I would rather pay for a desktop computer if it was to be that big, my metality towards laptops was they should be, more portable and smaller. The 12 inch powerbooks or iBooks were the only laptops I ever considered buying because of their size.
QUOTE Thanks
Meyvn

Meyvn will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM

I say they make all the iBooks 13" widescreen, then keep the 12" PowerBook (widescreen or not) on, make it even thinner, and market it as a "portable business solution," or something like that.

'cause when it rains, you know it pours.
QUOTE Thanks
dlisle20

I love macs so **** much, but i'm a hardcore gamer so i'm really stuck. I want to get the new Intel 15" PB, but what sort of graphics card will we be talking? Cause i heard you will be able to install windows on the new ones
QUOTE Thanks
Mace

Mace will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 1.83 MBP

I was reading in laptop magazine how they said the Averatec 4100 with 13.3 inch widescreen display was the best bet in their "affordable and portable" category. If I'm not mistaken isn't that who Apple has making the ibooks? And if so, does this signal towards a sooner release date for the new mactel ibooks? Juuuuuuuust wondering. Maybe I'm digging to deep into this. :miner:
QUOTE Thanks
dan828

dan828 is a jewel in the roughdan828 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iPad 32 GB 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace
I was reading in laptop magazine how they said the Averatec 4100 with 13.3 inch widescreen display was the best bet in their "affordable and portable" category. If I'm not mistaken isn't that who Apple has making the ibooks? And if so, does this signal towards a sooner release date for the new mactel ibooks? Juuuuuuuust wondering. Maybe I'm digging to deep into this. :miner:
That Averatec is a sweet machine. Pretty much already looks like an iBook to some extent. To bad Apple isn't going to use AMD processors, that Turion64 would be nice in an iBook.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Anyone hear anything about Apple's Black Friday deals? | Apple 1984 Launch »