New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Alleged iPad 3 component hints Apple is working on 'major redesign'

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Alleged iPad 3 component hints Apple is working on 'major redesign'

Quote:
Another component claimed to be from Apple's third-generation iPad has offered yet another indication that the anticipated device could feature a significantly modified internal design.

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
pwfletcher

pwfletcher is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Server 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, MacBook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz

I have read that it is going to be thicker ... why?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwfletcher View Post
It put on a little weight over the holidays.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
pwfletcher

pwfletcher is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Server 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, MacBook Pro Retina 2.6 GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
It put on a little weight over the holidays.
Lol ... me too ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
They are saying it is due to the new 2 light bars that are a little bit thicker for the new screen materials. I honestly don't mind if it's a bit thicker(close to the original iPad thickness).

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Arrowsmith

Arrowsmith is on a distinguished road

Any chance we'll get edge-to-edge screen? Maybe with embedded camera and home-button on an edge/on the back?
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowsmith View Post
Any chance we'll get edge-to-edge screen? Maybe with embedded camera and home-button on an edge/on the back?
I would say anything is possible. But no one here (or anywhere outside of Apple) would know that answer.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
So that they can make the iPad 4 thinner.

Every time a new product is launched...it's got to have some sort of "Pop" message:

- iPad 1 (brand new device)
- iPad 2 (faster cpu, cameras, thinner)
- iPad 3 (Retina display...more to come)
- iPad 4 (thinner...more to come)

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
jayhtee

jayhtee is an unknown at this point

I'm not really bothered about the thinkness (as long as it doesn't become too thick!), I'm more bothered about the weight.

I'm hoping that Apple can somehow miraculously make the next version weigh at least a third less...

Fingers crossed!
QUOTE Thanks
Steve Adams

Steve Adams is on a distinguished road

yeah, thickness is not a concern, its never going to be "thick" maybe just a tad thicker.

retina will be great, and really, not much else needs to change..
QUOTE Thanks
Tommymonsta

Tommymonsta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13" Early 2011, Intel Core i5 2.3ghz, Intel 3000 IGP, 8gb ram 120gb Intel SSD

I would love to see some usb capabilities, just for moving some files around. Is that too much to ask?

 MBP 13'' i5, 8GB, 120GB SSD
 iPad 64GB
 iPhone 16GB
 iPod Classic 160GB, iPod Touch 8GB
QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommymonsta View Post
I would love to see some usb capabilities, just for moving some files around. Is that too much to ask?
I sure do not see this happening.

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge,
dig two graves."

Confucius (504 B.C.)
QUOTE Thanks
Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen is on a distinguished road

Maybe something like this?
QUOTE Thanks
TomServo

TomServo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 27" iMAC 3.20GHZ INTEL CORE I3, 1TB SERIAL ATA DRIVE, ATI RADEON HD 5750 1GB GDDR5, 12GB DDR3 RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommymonsta View Post
Ditto, as a new iPad owner I was hoping for an easier way to swap files back and fourth between the various PC's and iMac I own or use.

Tom
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
Ditto, as a new iPad owner I was hoping for an easier way to swap files back and fourth between the various PC's and iMac I own or use.

Tom
Your solution:

Dropbox - Simplify your life

Stop thinking about wires, that's so last century...

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple explains iTunes Match with video, FAQ | Mac OS X 10.7.3 Beta Drivers Reveal Evidence of New Mac Pros »