New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple, AT&T, Verizon sell out launch day iPhone 4S preorders

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjones View Post
Wow, I never realized so many people hated Sprint enough to blatantly lie on internet forums.

Sprint, 450 mins, unlimited text, unlimited data = $80
ATT, 450 mins, unlimited text, 2GB data = $85
Verizon, 450 mins, unlimited text, 2GB data = $90
Check out the LINK above before you blatantly accuse anyone of lying.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

You do realize what he posted is what was noted on MacWorld?

I seriously don't get why everyone is SO hostile against Sprint!

I'm actually going to go through all three carries to see what an individual line with the least and most data costs. Unlimited text is a requirement too.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I don't have anything against any of them - which is why I went through the process at all three of them. I don't use texting, so I pay per text.

Since I'm a current subscriber at AT&T, I did not go through their sign up process as a new subscriber - because I wanted to know what my price would be, not someone else's.

Actually went through Sprint's sign up again this morning - looks like they fixed their plan option page since Saturday morning. At that time there was only a single option. The $70 option is back - and then requires a $10 "Premium Data" add-on to bring it to $80.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Since I don't trust online websites to show accurate prices, I actually called Sprint to see what my monthly bill would be if I went with the base minutes package. Total price is based off of what I currently have from ATT, and what I would look for in the next plan.

Here's what it comes up to from Sprint on a single iPhone plan:
Monthly price- $79.99($86.19 after tax)
Include 450 minutes,
Unlimited text
Unlimited Data

Note, I don't talk a lot on the phone, and rarely ever go past 300 minutes a month.

I will do the rest when I get back from a visit.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Since I don't trust online websites to show accurate prices, I actually called Sprint to see what my monthly bill would be if I went with the base minutes package. Total price is based off of what I currently have from ATT, and what I would look for in the next plan.
It's always best to call or visit with the carrier to find out what the pricing will be rather than sign up on line.

Quote:
You do realize what he posted is what was noted on MacWorld?
I wasn't disputing that. He accused us of lying about their prices when all we did was to provide the link which showed them. Not good etiquette.
QUOTE Thanks
jpjones

jpjones is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB, 320 GB, OSX 10.7.3; TC - 500 GB; iPhone 4S; iPod Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
Not everyone needs unlimited text or wants to pay for texting. >_>"
Ahhh... gotcha

-JPJ
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
I wasn't disputing that. He accused us of lying about their prices when all we did was to provide the link which showed them. Not good etiquette.
Oh, sorry, I though you were since you posted the link again.

Just got off the phone with ATT.
This is how I would have to setup a new iPhone contract with them:
$104.99 a month($113.16 after tax).
Again, this is keeping a level playing field of what I currently have on my plan, and is based on the ONLY way I would sign a new 2 year contract.
Includes:
450 minutes
4gb data
Unlimited text

Coming up, Verizon!

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Here's the Verizon deal:
$109.99 per month($118.51 after tax)
Includes:
-450 minutes
-4gb data+ Mobile Hotspot(Apparently, there's no data plan for JUST data, it's bundled with either personal email, or mobile hotspot. So, you could get 5gb's of data + personal email, or you can get 4gb's of data with mobile hotspot, either for the same price.)
-Unlimited text.

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

Here's my conclusion:

If you want an iPhone and actually use it, Sprint has the best deal.
If you want an iPhone so you can say you have an iPhone, Att has the lowest price(, 450 minutes, 200mb of data, and no text) at around $60 for pretty much nothing but email abilities and talk time.

Sprint only has unlimited for texts, while Verizon goes down to 2gb for $30, and Att goes down to $15 for 200mb's to help people in debates of which is cheaper.

Sprint has the most expensive up-front talking plan, but it also includes texting, and free mobile-to-any mobile talking. This is only $10 more than the next closest from Verizon's $59.99, which also includes texting.

To me, it's pretty clear. If I had an individual plan, and was looking for a new contract to full utilize the capabilities of my iPhone, I would go to Sprint. However, I'm on a 4-phone family plan. Sprint is an expensive alternative for family plans, as is Verizon. Att is clearly the cheapest in this category.

QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Yep, it pays to shop around. Actually, none of the carriers are giving us a great deal though. AT&T works best for me because they also give a 15% discount to certain groups and union members.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

A relevant article to the discussion that developed in this thread - AT&T, Verizon and Sprint iPhone 4S plans: Which is cheapest? - Oct. 12, 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 | Apple releases iOS 5 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch & Apple TV »