New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple: Steve Jobs has passed away

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

RIP. We truly lost a great visionary today. Thanks for all you've done, Mr. Jobs.
QUOTE Thanks
newscribe

newscribe has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad

My thoughts go out to Steve’s immediate family and close friends. And I add my thanks for the great innovative products that just work beautifully.
QUOTE Thanks
ImageX

ImageX will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" MBP C2D 2.8 4GB OS X 10.8 | iPhone 5

Steve, you will be greatly missed. Your ventures and ideas changed the way the world works and even though you won't be here to experience it, I believe your company will do right by you and keep your legacy going. What a great ride it was and I hope to see you when my time comes.

- ImageX

"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."

Remember to use the Reputation System!
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

ABC is taking photos and videos on their site in tribute to Steve Jobs. Your feelings, in three words, about Steve Jobs.

I hear that TNT is airing "Pirates of Silicon Valley" tonight 8/9c and 9/10c in tribute to Steve. I've never seen it before.

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
MacDude121

MacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of lightMacDude121 is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram

The more I see of all the tributes to Steve, the more I realize how much of an impact he really had made on so many people. He's one of the main reasons that I got into technology myself, and the passion that he had for his company was unmatched by anybody in the entire world.

May he always be remembered. 
QUOTE Thanks
mmaclauchlan

mmaclauchlan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP 13" 2.3ghz i5 4GB RAM 320GB

I've been a long-time fan of Apple, without having ever owned one until this week. I am getting heavily into photography, and since I purchased a MacBook Pro, a whole new world has opened up to me. I don't even know where to begin - I can do so much more now with a Mac than I could do with a PC...or at least it'll be easier and make more sense on a Mac.

I have many friends who are big fans of Apple. We all agree - "it makes sense." The logic behind a Mac creates untold opportunities for hobbyists and professionals alike. Steve Jobs was a man who wanted to give to his customers what he had himself - opportunities.
QUOTE Thanks
MacLicious

MacLicious will become famous soon enough

Very sad news. I like to think whoever mentioned that the iPhone 4S was named iPhone For Steve was right. We have lost a brilliant dynamic person. Apple will never be the same.
Rest in peace. You have surely earned it, Steve.
RIP
QUOTE Thanks
knightjp

knightjp is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo w/ 4GB ram running OS X Lion

He will forever be remembered as the face of Apple. His simple black t-shirt and blue jeans was a complex individual; much like the devices he produced. These today stand as his legacy; to be remembered forever in history.
He was both hated and admired by his competitors; disliked, loved and respected by those he worked with; revered by those who were fans of his genius.
Stubborn to see his vision through in the whatever project, he made apple for what it is today. It's true that Wozniak was the initial genius behind the company; but Jobs was its soul. Books will be written, stories will be told, legends will be made.
A visionary, a master, a father, a friend... Steve Jobs, you will be missed.

Once You've had Mac, you can't go back.... So very true.
If necessity is the mother of invention, she obviously never met Steve Jobs..
Julz - The Panther
QUOTE Thanks
Aesop22

Aesop22 is on a distinguished road

To every Mac user and the whole Apple to community.

I would like to express my condolences to each and everyone of you. I'm sure that the people on this forum feels the same way that I do about the loss of Steve Jobs. This has hurt us, the Apple community, and the technology community a great deal. I'm sure that Steve has left a great legacy at Apple to keep the tradition of greatness going.

Here's a simple piece that I made in honor of Steve Jobs.

QUOTE Thanks
StevenRight

StevenRight is on a distinguished road

R.I.P, Steve. You inspired me. Now I'm so sad.
QUOTE Thanks
ipadip

ipadip has a little shameless behaviour in the past

A great man steve jobs change the world,while went away now,so sad..
QUOTE Thanks
clayneal

clayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of lightclayneal is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

Strange to be this sad over the passing of a person I have never met but......Thank you Mr. Jobs for giving us all you did.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.8.2, 21.5" screen.

Never-Before-Seen Tribute To Steve Jobs. Way Before The iPod, iPhone Or iPad, Steve Jobs Was Honored For His Work On The Macintosh By His Apple Coworkers Who Created A Short Film For Him For His 30th Birthday. [VIDEO]

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Thank you Printerman for posting that. Brought back some memories.
QUOTE Thanks
twnuck

twnuck is on a distinguished road

Doesn't seem fair that one man gets 80+ years on earth and Steve got so many less. Really, really sad and I'll always wonder what "else" his brilliant mind would have thought of!

Todd
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mythbusters duo to host Discovery documentary on Jobs | Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 »