New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple: Steve Jobs has passed away

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

A sad day indeed... I'm sure his memory will live on for many many years to come. He has shocked, stunned and inspired so many, and for many other reasons he will be sorely missed.

Rest in peace Steve

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
darrylyoung

darrylyoung is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iPhone 5 | iPad 4

One of the world's most innovative minds. He's paved the way for years to come. Thanks for everything, Steve Jobs.

apple.com/stevejobs

Web Developer, Vegan & Tech geek. Berlin.
QUOTE Thanks
Mseg0110

Mseg0110 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 13 Custom, iPhone 5, Apple TV

I think Obama put it right when he stated that "A testament to Steve is that many of the people who are finding out about his passing away, are finding out on one of his products."

a true testament to a once in a lifetime visionary.

my heart goes out to his family, friends, and associates.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

R.I.P. Steve.

Appreciate the toys and tools.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
imacrad

imacrad is on a distinguished road

I think the world is a little more intresting thanks to Steve Jobs
R.I.P.
QUOTE Thanks
Macatastic

Macatastic is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 i3 4gb, MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 i5 4gb, iPad2 32GB 3G black, iPhone 4S 16GB black

Sad news, Why do the great ones always die young?

He brought Apple back from the brink and made it No.1. A great man.

Rest in Peace Steve, you will be missed.

Pete
QUOTE Thanks
tonyhs

tonyhs is on a distinguished road

I am totally distraught with the news. Without Steve's vision we would not have been exposed to devices which are ahead of their time.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and I hope that Apple celebrates his achievements.

Tony
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

I actually think it would be the greatest tribute to Steve Jobs if we renamed Schweb's Lounge into "One More Thing," with no disrespect meant towards Bryan.

Steve Jobs' version:
Apple Steve Jobs The Crazy Ones - NEVER BEFORE AIRED 1997 - YouTube

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
tygalvin

tygalvin is on a distinguished road

Everyone expected an iPhone 5, and it certainly had enough new features, and iOS5, why not call it iPhone 5? Unless Apple realized early enough that Steve Jobs would probably not live to see another iPhone introduction and someone decided to name it the iPhone for Steve, the iPhone 4S.
QUOTE Thanks
prrs4me

prrs4me is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML

Steve Jobs was a genius with visions that he made in to realities. And if it wasn't done right it was done again and again until it met his vision. It wasn't so much about the money as it was about the product. That's why Apple products are so good.
He had a lot more to do. I'm very sad he had to leave us so early.
RIP STEVE.
QUOTE Thanks
Alwyn

Alwyn is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 500 Gb HD OS X 10.10.1; iPad Mini iOS 8.1.1;iPhone 4s iOS 8.1.1

Steve Jobs was unique. Although his creation Apple will continue it is unlikely ever to be as innovative as it was while he was at its helm. As somebody said on the wireless this morning he anticipated people's wants before they themselves were aware of them. RIP.
QUOTE Thanks
synthetek

synthetek is on a distinguished road

RIP Steve, if it wasn't for you, I would still be kicking and yelling at my PC.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

Found an awesome quote on macrumors:
Quote:
Three apples changed the world forever.
One seduced Eve
One fell on Newton
The last was offered to the world by Steve Jobs

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
r.d

r.d is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" unibody Macbook 2ghz 160gb,iPhone 5 16gb

R.I.P Steve Jobs

probably the only company boss who i thought wasnt out to rip me off.

in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
QUOTE Thanks
McBie

McBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to beholdMcBie is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2013 MBA 13" - OS X 10.10.1

My condolences to his family and those who are close to him.

@Steve... thanks for sharing some of that ' iMagic '

Cheers ... McBie

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude towards the problem. You understand ?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mythbusters duo to host Discovery documentary on Jobs | Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 »