Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Kansas City
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikonshooter View Post
    ...Bill Gates would have and hopefully will put out a better and respectful message...

RIP Steve
    Microsoft Cofounder Bill Gates

Iím truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobsí death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, itís been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

Rest in Peace Steve
    12" rMB 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Doha, Qatar
    MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)
    dear dear me.

Untimely deaths are all the more tragic. I suspect he will be revered for years to come for the inspirational way he has directed, procured and driven Apple to become the internationally recognised symbol of excellence it is today.

As always thoughts must go to those family and close friends he leaves behind.

March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    Statement from the White House

[9:35 p.m. ET] Statement from President Obama: "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planetís most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity.

By making computers personal and putting the Internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steveís success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steveís wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him."

All my Mac's weep tonight. The ride was really cool. From all us old Macheads...good night sweet prince.

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    What a tragedy but I guess we all knew it was coming alas!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Dallas, TX
    13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
    You will me missed Steve. Rest in Peace

Washington, D.C.
    Mac OS X Version 10.9.4 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    Steve Jobs made computers personal. Even people who've never owned an Apple, a Mac, an iPod, an iPhone or an iPad owe him a debt for bringing computing technology out of datacenters and offices and into our homes and lives. He had a vision that an entire industry filled with brilliant scientists, engineers and executives could barely fathom, and he pushed, prodded, and bullied it into reality.

I think he can rest well knowing that he realized his vision, and accomplished more than most men would do if they lived twice as long.

Baker, FL
    13" MBP Late 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, 250HD - 2010 iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, 500HD, 4GB
    This is truly sad. Thinking as he just resigned as CEO...
    Remember to use the Reputation System if someone helps you out!

Also, get on the IRC Chanel!

27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Really sad news.

My condolences to his family.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

Crawley, England
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    A great and highly influential man.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    First beer is on you when i finally make it to your destination Steve . . .

R.I.P my good man, you have changed the world we live in and i thank you for that

Raise your glasses please . . . . .
    And i think this from Tim Cook sums up Steve to a tee

Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Braven View Post
    RIP Steve. He's one of the few people I would have loved to meet.
    Well said.

A very sad loss - far too young.

1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GiB RAM, 80 GiB hard drive, Intel GMA 950, SuperDrive
    Wow. I was just speechless when I heard this news; I wasn't even sure whether to believe it. Steve Jobs has always been something of a hero to me. He inspired my love for technology and his products helped kindle my creativity. Wherever Apple goes from here, he will be greatly missed.

May eternal rest be granted unto Steve Jobs; may perpetual light shine upon him; may he rest in peace. Amen.
    1.83 GHz Mac Mini (80 GiB) | iPad 2 Wi-Fi (16 GiB)

Thread Information