New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus ē Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts ē Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple: Steve Jobs has passed away

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikonshooter View Post
...Bill Gates would have and hopefully will put out a better and respectful message...

RIP Steve
Microsoft Cofounder Bill Gates

Iím truly saddened to learn of Steve Jobsí death. Melinda and I extend our sincere condolences to his family and friends, and to everyone Steve has touched through his work.

Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives.

The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come.

For those of us lucky enough to get to work with him, itís been an insanely great honor. I will miss Steve immensely.

Rest in Peace Steve

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Mini Server 2.53GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 32GB Verizon iPhone 5S | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
j0nb0y32

j0nb0y32 is a jewel in the roughj0nb0y32 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2 i7 + MacBook 2.2 Duo 2 (late 2007) + ATV2 + T/C-2Tb + iPhone4 + iPad2 (64gb wifi)

dear dear me.

Untimely deaths are all the more tragic. I suspect he will be revered for years to come for the inspirational way he has directed, procured and driven Apple to become the internationally recognised symbol of excellence it is today.

As always thoughts must go to those family and close friends he leaves behind.

J
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Statement from the White House

Quote:
[9:35 p.m. ET] Statement from President Obama: "Michelle and I are saddened to learn of the passing of Steve Jobs. Steve was among the greatest of American innovators - brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it.

By building one of the planetís most successful companies from his garage, he exemplified the spirit of American ingenuity.

By making computers personal and putting the Internet in our pockets, he made the information revolution not only accessible, but intuitive and fun. And by turning his talents to storytelling, he has brought joy to millions of children and grownups alike. Steve was fond of saying that he lived every day like it was his last. Because he did, he transformed our lives, redefined entire industries, and achieved one of the rarest feats in human history: he changed the way each of us sees the world.

The world has lost a visionary. And there may be no greater tribute to Steveís success than the fact that much of the world learned of his passing on a device he invented. Michelle and I send our thoughts and prayers to Steveís wife Laurene, his family, and all those who loved him."
QUOTE Thanks
Mac SK

Mac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the roughMac SK is a jewel in the rough

All my Mac's weep tonight. The ride was really cool. From all us old Macheads...good night sweet prince.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

What a tragedy but I guess we all knew it was coming alas!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
NeoGreen

NeoGreen is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.

You will me missed Steve. Rest in Peace
QUOTE Thanks
Spang

Spang has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac OS X Version 10.7.2 MacBook Pro 15" 2.53 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

"Steve Jobs demos Apple Macintosh, 1984"
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Steve Jobs made computers personal. Even people who've never owned an Apple, a Mac, an iPod, an iPhone or an iPad owe him a debt for bringing computing technology out of datacenters and offices and into our homes and lives. He had a vision that an entire industry filled with brilliant scientists, engineers and executives could barely fathom, and he pushed, prodded, and bullied it into reality.

I think he can rest well knowing that he realized his vision, and accomplished more than most men would do if they lived twice as long.
QUOTE Thanks
Acrilyc

Acrilyc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP Late 2010 2.4ghz, 4GB, 250HD - 2010 iMac 21.5-inch 3.06GHz Intel Core i3, 500HD, 4GB

This is truly sad. Thinking as he just resigned as CEO...

Remember to use the Reputation System if someone helps you out!

Also, get on the IRC Chanel!
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Really sad news.

My condolences to his family.

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Mik4g

Mik4g is on a distinguished road

iSad Sixty Nine Four Twenty, As the entire world knows
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

R.I.P.
A great and highly influential man.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

First beer is on you when i finally make it to your destination Steve . . .

R.I.P my good man, you have changed the world we live in and i thank you for that

Raise your glasses please . . . . .
And i think this from Tim Cook sums up Steve to a tee

Quote:
Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built, and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braven View Post
RIP Steve. He's one of the few people I would have loved to meet.
Well said.

A very sad loss - far too young.
QUOTE Thanks
mknightretke

mknightretke is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GiB RAM, 80 GiB hard drive, Intel GMA 950, SuperDrive

Wow. I was just speechless when I heard this news; I wasn't even sure whether to believe it. Steve Jobs has always been something of a hero to me. He inspired my love for technology and his products helped kindle my creativity. Wherever Apple goes from here, he will be greatly missed.

May eternal rest be granted unto Steve Jobs; may perpetual light shine upon him; may he rest in peace. Amen.

1.83 GHz Mac Mini (80 GiB) | iPad 2 Wi-Fi (16 GiB)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mythbusters duo to host Discovery documentary on Jobs | Apple Releases iTunes 10.5 »