New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple announces the iPhone 4S

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

apple.com is working for me...

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
apple.com is working for me...
It's loading here now. Just for a few minutes it got that error here.
QUOTE Thanks
yzfmik

yzfmik is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Oct 7th

Deliver Oct 14th.
Wonder what time? The iPad2 was available for pre-order at 4:00am eastern time.

 MacBook Pro 13" 2.4GHz
 MacBook Pro 13" 2.26GHz
 iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz /  iPod 30GB /  iPhone 5 32GB
 iPad 2 64GB / 3rd Gen iPad 64 GB/ iPad Mini 32GB
QUOTE Thanks
Z mannn R2

Z mannn R2 will become famous soon enough

Unreal. Ok so no bigger screen or whatnot but no 4G??? Whatever. So they'll be TWO years behind when they finally introduce it
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z mannn R2 View Post
Unreal. Ok so no bigger screen or whatnot but no 4G??? Whatever. So they'll be TWO years behind when they finally introduce it
They would only be 2 years behind if a 4G network came out a year ago.

Since 4G will most likely be the existing network when they add 4G, they will technically be current.

But since 3G is still the dominant network by a very wide margin, they are still current.

just my 2 cents

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

One of the things I'm noticing for the keynote is when they demo Siri. You push and hold the Home button for two seconds and you can ask away. What happened to force closing an app that happens to lock up?

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
4g or upload and download speeds the same as 4g - what's the difference?

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Most seem to be missing that Bob.
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

I'll be getting one.

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Apple got burned on the move to 3G and they are not going to do it again. Once 4G is really mainstream (in the US) they will introduce it on the iPhone. Right now it's still early in the infrastructure process and 4G isn't everywhere yet so it's no real loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
Apparently that won't happen in the US. Sure the phone can do it, but the carriers don't provide the capability. Yet.

QUOTE Thanks
RustProofCorn

RustProofCorn has a spectacular aura about

So I have verizon and AT&T. I have 2 upgrades for Verizon and no upgrades for AT&T can I get my upgrade from Verizon and use the phone on AT&T?
QUOTE Thanks
kribensis12

kribensis12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz Duo Core with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Drive

I don't understand why so many people are getting upset of it. I think it's a very nice upgrade. People are just mad because it's not labeled iPhone 5. So to the mind, your not getting as good of a device. Your gauging it to be second best, while it is not. I have never had a smart phone and was waiting on this phone for my upgrade. I AM PUMPED!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I'm not quite clear on the "disappointment" about the iPhone 5. The iPhone 4S has *every* feature (plus some) that was reported to be in the iPhone 5 -- it even has what many cell providers CALL 4G speeds, so what EXACTLY is the problem? Not expensive enough or something?

Aside to a.j.c: Siri *is* in the software, but requires a LOT of processing power, so it won't run on a single-core cpu like all the earlier iPhones have.

Personally I think this is the perfect update -- it's not so mind-blowingly amazing (well, apart from Siri) that everyone who's recently bought an iPhone 4 feels cheated, but it's also got more than enough new cool stuff in it that all those millions of people who bought a new iPhone and who's two-year contracts are nearing the end are ready to upgrade. Great timing, really.

The real "iPhone 5" is now clear to come out in 2012, which is ACTUALLY the fifth anniversary of the iPhone AND when genuine (not marketing hype) fourth-gen cell networks should be reasonably widespread (at least in the bigger cities). Seems like some nice symmetry to me, personally.
QUOTE Thanks
Demapples

Demapples is a jewel in the roughDemapples is a jewel in the rough

I agree with chase' main points. I waited to make the switch to iPhone, and the 4S suits me just fine. Couldn't be happier, in fact. We're hearing disgruntle from existing iPhone users who have a perfectly good phone and for some reason wanted to buy a new one, but not happy gruntle from lurking switchers like me. (I assume "gruntle" means contented.)
QUOTE Thanks
laughjimbo

laughjimbo is on a distinguished road

I am not due an upgrade on my iP4 until next year anyway so I wouldn't be getting the 4s yet anyway but they look like good upgrades to me. People are complaining about the screen being the same as the outgoing model but in my opinion even if you do increase the size then you would still not be able to view webpages much better than on the ip4, for this reason I bought an iPad2 and love it! The new phone has a much better processor and quicker speeds in everyday which is always good but none of this makes the iP4 suddenly a crap phone because something new is out. Thevone thing I do like is the bigger storage which for me would mean that I could get all my music on the phone instead of just certain playlists then I could give my older iPod classic to one of my kids!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« AT&T breaks record: 200,000 pre-orders for iPhone 4S in 12 hours | Sony Rumored To Be Looking For Steve Jobs Movie Rights »