New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

US blocks AT&T and T-Mobile deal


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
NVash

 
NVash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 08, 2011
Posts: 15
NVash will become famous soon enough

NVash is offline
Wow, you took apart my rant like that? That wasnt right nor was your lumping me into that group. I always take care of my stuff as well. Sometimes no matter how much you take care of things they break. Thats a fact of life. Nothing lasts forever. The thing is that Im talking about phones in general and youre talking about an iPhone. Now thats great that you got a new one, Im glad to hear it and I already intended to switch over to that once the new one comes out. However many people dont luck out like that. They go through all sorts of ridiculous hoops until they either give up and settle with a refurbished one or they finally get a new phone. All Im saying is that it should be that whenever problems arise with phones, and Im going to say problems in general because if we say 'from normal wear and tear' they can always get very crazy on that and decide that 'normal wear and tear' isnt normal at all, people should first trouble shoot and then, if that doesnt work, give them a new phone. Thats all Im saying.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

 
baggss's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 10, 2004
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 10,308
baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

baggss is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Wow, you took apart my rant like that? That wasnt right nor was your lumping me into that group. I always take care of my stuff as well. Sometimes no matter how much you take care of things they break. Thats a fact of life. Nothing lasts forever. The thing is that Im talking about phones in general and youre talking about an iPhone. Now thats great that you got a new one, Im glad to hear it and I already intended to switch over to that once the new one comes out. However many people dont luck out like that. They go through all sorts of ridiculous hoops until they either give up and settle with a refurbished one or they finally get a new phone. All Im saying is that it should be that whenever problems arise with phones, and Im going to say problems in general because if we say 'from normal wear and tear' they can always get very crazy on that and decide that 'normal wear and tear' isnt normal at all, people should first trouble shoot and then, if that doesnt work, give them a new phone. Thats all Im saying.
I'm sorry. I didn't realize you didn't want comments on your rant. Wait, no i'm not.

I have pretty much learned that those who have to "jump through hoops" to get a company to honor a warranty, and this is also a generalization, are generally not being honest about what is really going on with the product in question. I've gone through several generations of phones in the last 20 years and all of them, to a phone, have only had problems when I did stupid things to them. I will conceded that there are some cheap crap phones out there, but they are not $500+. You pay $60 for a phone that costs $5 to make, you are only getting what you pay for. Expecting a brand new phone in those cases is pretty silly IMO.

Expecting a phone to be replaced because of "normal wear and tear" is not particularly reasonable and leads back to my comments about taking care of ones things. There is a reason it's called "normal wear and tear". Dropping your phone in the parking lot and smashing the screen isn't "normal wear and tear" when cases abound to protect your investment. Neither is dropping your phone in the toilet. Both are simply the result of carelessness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
Historical perspective on this:

10 Competition by many for resources and to control & profit from them
20 Winners rise to top and consolidate distribution controls; losers die off; leaves a minority controlling a majority
30 Constructs are put in place by the majority via social compact to regulate the minority's behavior relating to distribution
40 Social compact collapses; winners are killed by their "subjects" and their resources repatriated in some manner
50 Mayhem, disagreement over redistribution of resources by the majority, fighting for the scraps of the old system and other fun
60 GOTO 10
THAT!


QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

 
iggibar's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 20, 2009
Location: C-Town
Posts: 4,067
iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

iggibar is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
I've always been hard of cell phones until I got my iPhone 3G. First phone that lasted me beyond the contract period. My iPhone 4 had an issue with the home button not working after 8 months of use. Took it to Apple and walked out with a brand new phone at zero cost to me.
Ditto x2. I was in warranty with my HTC MDA and they still denied my coverage for something that wasn't my fault at all, because they believed to have been caused by "damage" from misuses(they assumed this because of the $#!#& paint had rubbed off.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
sjwilson3821

 
Member Since: Aug 26, 2011
Posts: 11
sjwilson3821 is on a distinguished road

sjwilson3821 is offline
**** this argument keeps going in circles. lol

27 inch iMac quad core 2.8ghz i5 8G ram 2TB internal HDD and ATI RadeonHD 5750 with 1G VRAM
QUOTE Thanks
NVash

 
NVash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 08, 2011
Posts: 15
NVash will become famous soon enough

NVash is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
I'm sorry. I didn't realize you didn't want comments on your rant. Wait, no i'm not.
Im not even going to bother wasting my time arguing. We can agree to disagree here.

I see where youre coming from and true enough, some people destroy their stuff without a care in the World. Some people end up with phones that dont work too. Dont think that just because it has a $500 price tag its a great phone. Thats a serious mistake sir. I know of more than a few phones that came out costing a ton of money but are still huge piles of junk. I know one thats quite old, is known to be a piece of junk and is still expensive. The old adage 'You get what you pay for' is kinda out the window these days. I know people besides myself who have problems with phones who also take care of their things. You seem to have lucked out and thats great for you but this generalization isnt going to work when youre talking to someone whos seen the side that you clearly have no idea about. Dont try to come at myself or anyone elses throat, as the phrase is, with some junk about not taking care of our stuff. You dont know me, you dont know them. That may be true for the majority, we arent the majority. There are exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
Ditto x2. I was in warranty with my HTC MDA and they still denied my coverage for something that wasn't my fault at all, because they believed to have been caused by "damage" from misuses(they assumed this because of the $#!#& paint had rubbed off.
Im confused. Youre agreeing with what was said but yet you didnt get a phone and are angry? Am I missing something here?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

 
baggss's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 10, 2004
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 10,308
baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

baggss is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
The old adage 'You get what you pay for' is kinda out the window these days.
No, it's not. The fact that you don't understand it simply illustrates my generalization about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
I know people besides myself who have problems with phones who also take care of their things. You seem to have lucked out and thats great for you but this generalization isnt going to work when youre talking to someone whos seen the side that you clearly have no idea about. Dont try to come at myself or anyone elses throat, as the phrase is, with some junk about not taking care of our stuff. You dont know me, you dont know them. That may be true for the majority, we arent the majority. There are exceptions.
Sure there are always exceptions, but I have noticed that those who whine the loudest and the longest are usually not the exceptions, but the norm. No, I don't know you, but from your previous posts it seems to me that you fall into the group I originally lumped you in with and nothing you have posted since has done anything to give me the impression that I was incorrect in my initial assesement.

As I said, I have had issues with phones in the past, and all were from my own stupidity, carelessness or just downright idiotic acts.


QUOTE Thanks
NVash

 
NVash's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 08, 2011
Posts: 15
NVash will become famous soon enough

NVash is offline
Whine the loudest and longest? Come on, that was just a mini-rant. You dont know what Ive been through to have made that and honestly I dont feel like telling you the story. Youll probably continue on with your point that you think I dont get. Whatever man, I dont even care anymore. Its just the internet. You think Im that guy think it.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

 
baggss's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 10, 2004
Location: Margaritaville
Posts: 10,308
baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

baggss is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Come on, that was just a mini-rant.
If that was a "mini-rant" I'd hate to see your full blown version.


QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Apple Releases OS X Lion | Apple Working On A Brand New Never Before Seen Mac For This Year’s End!! or are they? »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?