Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Apple Working On A Brand New Never Before Seen Mac For This Year’s End!! or are they?
    Apple Working On A Brand New Never Before Seen Mac For This Year's End [REPORT] | Redmond Pie

The news was broken by a Japanese site, which also correctly predicted the iPad’s March launch date, yet it has failed in many other occasions, therefore take this new report with a grain of salt.
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Late 2010 MacBook Pro 13 Inch
    Sounds interesting if it is true. I hope they come out with a product like that and I am curious to see what it would be. Great help updating on the latest apple hardware.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    All a bit vague, sort of the tech equivalent of a newspaper horoscope
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by louishen View Post
    All a bit vague, sort of the tech equivalent of a newspaper horoscope
    Grain of Salt
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    -->
    I see a big flatscreen 42"+ that also houses a full fledged Mac board. A true HTPC that will serve many functions all wrapped up in one nice wall hanging package. How hard would this actually be?? Look at the size of the logic board in a Mac mini.
    13" rMBP 256gb | Mac Mini | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6s Plus | 64GB iPad Air 2 LTE | 16GB iPad mini 2 | Gen 7 Nano | Gen 4 iPod Touch | TV1 | TV3 | TV4 | Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I can't find my salt!
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I see a big flatscreen 42"+ that also houses a full fledged Mac board.
    Would I ever love to see something like that hanging on my office wall.....

Specs:
    Or a video game system. If Microsoft can make a good one I can only imagine..... Though there's probably some downside to this and people may argue with it.

Specs:
    27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdoimne View Post
    Or a video game system. If Microsoft can make a good one I can only imagine..... Though there's probably some downside to this and people may argue with it.
    They tried that once. Google it.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    They tried that once. Google it.
    I meant one that didn't stink as bad.

Apple is due for a new Mac design. While the current desktop Macs are functional, they don't have the character of the old ones (think of the iMac G4, for example, versus the iMacs made since 2004--they have looked like glorified monitors for seven years now). The designs are also dated--aside from the aluminum revision, the iMac hasn't changed much since 2004; the Mac Pro looks nearly identical to the "cheese grater" Power Mac G5, which came out eight years ago. (Compare that to the G3/G4 era, when the design changed every year).

I wouldn't be surprised if the iMac gets a smaller frame, a different base (I still miss the swivel ability of the G4), or comes in a larger "home theater" size with a built-in Apple TV.

I think they're content with the current line of laptops. I agree about the great emphasis on the MacBook Air. I think they have themselves another "Mac for the Masses", much like the original iMac or (for you old-timers) the Classic. Think of how the original iMac was marketed--relatively low price, everything in one box, innovative design, suited for the web, multiple trim lines/equipment options to meet all needs and price points. It's not that different than the MBA with the exception of the color scheme (you're stuck with aluminum, no choosing between different colors or patterns). I make the comparison to the old Mac Classic because of the 2010 Air, which used an old chip (the Classic used the 68000 six years after it was first seen in a Mac; the MBA, of course, used the Core 2 Duo four years after its Apple debut). In both cases, the old chips were used to keep the price at $1000 for the base model. Note, too, the lack of expansion in the iMac G3, MBA, and Mac Classic.

Forget about a mid-range modular desktop Mac. It simply won't happen, and my article on Mac 512 will explain why:
    Home of The Mac 512 | mac512.com

Finally, you can rule out a video game console, and not just because of the failing of the Pippin. It's just not a business Apple seems to want to be a part of, and for good reason--sales are slow, the major players are entrenched, and the market is drying up a bit (I recently read video game sales were at a recent low). Sure, Apple could probably innovate in this department, perhaps a touch-type controller, but I just don't see it happening.

Specs:
    2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
    I Cmd-F'd "cube" on this page and got 0 results. You guys disappoint me.

Quote Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
    I Cmd-F'd "cube" on this page and got 0 results. You guys disappoint me.
    Hmm, that's something I never thought of.

Remember, the Cube was only put on hiatus in 2001. It was never formally discontinued.

Why not redesign the Mac Pro with a cube design? It could be modified to have expansion slots and the Cube could be brushed aluminum to match the rest of Apple's offerings. It sure would beat the ugly cheese grater design Apple has been using since 2003.

To each his own, I suppose. I'm perfectly happy with the current Apple lineup, which seems to start with engineering functional products and ends with beautiful design.

I would never buy the iLamp, nor pay a premium price for something like the cube (the PowerMac G4 and the G4 cube were something like $200 apart). And I surely hope Apple doesn't sink time or money into finding ways to bring back modern equivalents -- especially when they've been so successful without them.

Specs:
    2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)
    Maybe this will implement the new keyboard technology we have been seeing in their patent applications. New Apple computers always make me happy because the computers are really what have made me love the brand.

15" MacBook Pro + 16GB iPhone 4 + 16GB iPad 2 3G

Thread Information