New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple Working On A Brand New Never Before Seen Mac For This Year’s End!! or are they?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Apple Working On A Brand New Never Before Seen Mac For This Year's End [REPORT] | Redmond Pie

Quote:
The news was broken by a Japanese site, which also correctly predicted the iPad’s March launch date, yet it has failed in many other occasions, therefore take this new report with a grain of salt.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Cdoimne

Cdoimne is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Late 2010 MacBook Pro 13 Inch

Sounds interesting if it is true. I hope they come out with a product like that and I am curious to see what it would be. Great help updating on the latest apple hardware.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

All a bit vague, sort of the tech equivalent of a newspaper horoscope

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? – use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
All a bit vague, sort of the tech equivalent of a newspaper horoscope
Grain of Salt

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

I see a big flatscreen 42"+ that also houses a full fledged Mac board. A true HTPC that will serve many functions all wrapped up in one nice wall hanging package. How hard would this actually be?? Look at the size of the logic board in a Mac mini.

2.4GHz 13" rMBP 256gb | 2.5GHz Mac Mini w/ FusionDrive | Mac Pro 3,1 2x 2.8GHz | Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac G5 | 24" ACD | 64GB Verizon iPhone 6 Plus | iPad 32GB Verizon LTE | iPad mini 16GB | Gen 7 Nano | TV1 | TV3
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

I can't find my salt!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
I see a big flatscreen 42"+ that also houses a full fledged Mac board.
Would I ever love to see something like that hanging on my office wall.....
QUOTE Thanks
Cdoimne

Or a video game system. If Microsoft can make a good one I can only imagine..... Though there's probably some downside to this and people may argue with it.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdoimne View Post
Or a video game system. If Microsoft can make a good one I can only imagine..... Though there's probably some downside to this and people may argue with it.
They tried that once. Google it.

QUOTE Thanks
Cdoimne

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
They tried that once. Google it.
I meant one that didn't stink as bad.
QUOTE Thanks
Scott Baret

Scott Baret has a spectacular aura about

Apple is due for a new Mac design. While the current desktop Macs are functional, they don't have the character of the old ones (think of the iMac G4, for example, versus the iMacs made since 2004--they have looked like glorified monitors for seven years now). The designs are also dated--aside from the aluminum revision, the iMac hasn't changed much since 2004; the Mac Pro looks nearly identical to the "cheese grater" Power Mac G5, which came out eight years ago. (Compare that to the G3/G4 era, when the design changed every year).

I wouldn't be surprised if the iMac gets a smaller frame, a different base (I still miss the swivel ability of the G4), or comes in a larger "home theater" size with a built-in Apple TV.

I think they're content with the current line of laptops. I agree about the great emphasis on the MacBook Air. I think they have themselves another "Mac for the Masses", much like the original iMac or (for you old-timers) the Classic. Think of how the original iMac was marketed--relatively low price, everything in one box, innovative design, suited for the web, multiple trim lines/equipment options to meet all needs and price points. It's not that different than the MBA with the exception of the color scheme (you're stuck with aluminum, no choosing between different colors or patterns). I make the comparison to the old Mac Classic because of the 2010 Air, which used an old chip (the Classic used the 68000 six years after it was first seen in a Mac; the MBA, of course, used the Core 2 Duo four years after its Apple debut). In both cases, the old chips were used to keep the price at $1000 for the base model. Note, too, the lack of expansion in the iMac G3, MBA, and Mac Classic.

Forget about a mid-range modular desktop Mac. It simply won't happen, and my article on Mac 512 will explain why:
Home of The Mac 512 | mac512.com

Finally, you can rule out a video game console, and not just because of the failing of the Pippin. It's just not a business Apple seems to want to be a part of, and for good reason--sales are slow, the major players are entrenched, and the market is drying up a bit (I recently read video game sales were at a recent low). Sure, Apple could probably innovate in this department, perhaps a touch-type controller, but I just don't see it happening.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

I Cmd-F'd "cube" on this page and got 0 results. You guys disappoint me.
QUOTE Thanks
Scott Baret

Scott Baret has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
I Cmd-F'd "cube" on this page and got 0 results. You guys disappoint me.
Hmm, that's something I never thought of.

Remember, the Cube was only put on hiatus in 2001. It was never formally discontinued.

Why not redesign the Mac Pro with a cube design? It could be modified to have expansion slots and the Cube could be brushed aluminum to match the rest of Apple's offerings. It sure would beat the ugly cheese grater design Apple has been using since 2003.
QUOTE Thanks
Shikarnov

Shikarnov is a jewel in the roughShikarnov is a jewel in the roughShikarnov is a jewel in the rough

To each his own, I suppose. I'm perfectly happy with the current Apple lineup, which seems to start with engineering functional products and ends with beautiful design.

I would never buy the iLamp, nor pay a premium price for something like the cube (the PowerMac G4 and the G4 cube were something like $200 apart). And I surely hope Apple doesn't sink time or money into finding ways to bring back modern equivalents -- especially when they've been so successful without them.
QUOTE Thanks
Aphus

Aphus is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM 15" MBP (Late 2008)

Maybe this will implement the new keyboard technology we have been seeing in their patent applications. New Apple computers always make me happy because the computers are really what have made me love the brand.

15" MacBook Pro + 16GB iPhone 4 + 16GB iPad 2 3G
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« US blocks AT&T and T-Mobile deal | How the iPhone Crippled T-Mobile... »