New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple Working On A Brand New Never Before Seen Mac For This Year’s End!! or are they?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

You mean the plastic G4 cases who's handles broke off if you were not careful? The So Called Cheese Grater case is an excellent design. Ever take a Lampshade G4 iMac apart? Not very fun.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Baret View Post
Hmm, that's something I never thought of.

Remember, the Cube was only put on hiatus in 2001. It was never formally discontinued.
I like where this is going.

Quote:
Why not redesign the Mac Pro with a cube design?
Um... but I kind of like the Mac Pro...

Quote:
It sure would beat the ugly cheese grater design Apple has been using since 2003.
Oh, you have crossed the line now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
You mean the plastic G4 cases who's handles broke off if you were not careful? The So Called Cheese Grater case is an excellent design. Ever take a Lampshade G4 iMac apart? Not very fun.
Actually, this was the Cube. You can think of it as the overpriced but really cool-looking spiritual ancestor of the Mac Mini. As for the lampshade iMac, I remember tearing the optical drive out of one of them so I could put in a DVD drive with which to install Tiger. It makes me somewhat look down on self-proclaimed tech savvy people that think taking apart the current Mac lineup is "overly difficult."
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I happen to have come accross a Top Secret sketch of the new product

I understand it is to be called . . . . .. iGlasses.

BTW, as you can easily tell, I flunked Art in grade school.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
aoifeee

aoifeee is on a distinguished road

I really hope this is true.
QUOTE Thanks
macuser1232

macuser1232 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: Early 2011 13 inch MacBook Pro i5 with 8gb of Ram

maybe its new macbook pro without heating issues! doubt it. besides i just bought one and i do not feel like buying another. but it would bother me not having the new one.

P.S. Macs rock!!!! woohoo
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

i think there is a missing mid range between the mac mini and the mac pro.

a cube with upgradeable vid card or at least 2 pci-e slots in it would be great for about $1000-$1200

I honestly do think that would sell well to for them and bridge that gap from a full mac pro from the mac mini/imac crowd.

If nothing else it would satisfy the gaming crowd, with a small selection of video cards that apple could support say 5 upgrades a year would not kill an OS for video drivers.

This coming from a tinkerer who does not game how funny is that

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

I still want and am getting an imac 27 inch. I really want that ability to have 2 windows open beside each other.
QUOTE Thanks
fear7950

fear7950 is on a distinguished road

How about a New Mac book and New Mac Book Pro that has two screens and one of the screens is a touch screen key board.
QUOTE Thanks
macs4bg

macs4bg is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iPhone 3Gs & White iBook PPC

Ha, love those iGlasses! Brilliant. Then I wouldn't have to use a magnifying glass with my iphone. 8) Aging Boomer here.

As for the topic, what I'm praying for is Apple will invent a small netbook-sized BACKUP/SYNC/RESTORE/UPDATE device strictly for iphone so we don't have to buy a "whole new computer/laptop" just to do that. (And it would be nice if it also allowed certain WordPress blog admin duties that don't work from iphone, etc.)

I no longer use my 2006 PPC white ibook for over two years since iphone entered my world. Technically I'm due for a new laptop just to keep up with all the new updates, OSs, iOSs, etc. (HD on prior ibook too small, DVD is broken, it's PPC vs Intel, etc.) but I really don't want/need a full-fledged new expensive laptop... just something smaller & cheaper to update/backup this iphone sucker! And sure, there's MBAir but still too big. Make it netbook-size & cheaper & I'll reconsider.

BTW, newbie to the forum!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

There is another option the Mini.
QUOTE Thanks
macs4bg

Yaaah, thanks OSXX (OS.20+? ), but mini, though cute as pie, is still a "desktop" in that it needs a monitor, right? Now if I could plug my iphone directly into it & use the iphone as the monitor, that might suffice.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs4bg View Post
Yaaah, thanks OSXX (OS.20+? ), but mini, though cute as pie, is still a "desktop" in that it needs a monitor, right? Now if I could plug my iphone directly into it & use the iphone as the monitor, that might suffice.
I was actually thinking plug it in a nice big flat panel TV and kick back in the easy chair with a Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.
QUOTE Thanks
kittonian

kittonian is on a distinguished road

It seems more likely that Apple will finally debut the rumored Apple TV (no, not Apple TV, but an actual television) that will serve both as a hi-def display in a much larger screen size, as well as have full computing capabilities, sort of like a much larger and more elegant iMac.

Build in Netflix, Apple TV, Airport, Thunderbolt, etc. and they could have a serious winner on their hands, as long as they partnered with the right display manufacturer.

Joshua Aaron
President/CEO
Mac Genius - Apple Macintosh & IT Consulting
QUOTE Thanks
macs4bg

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
I was actually thinking plug it in a nice big flat panel TV and kick back in the easy chair with a Bluetooth keyboard/trackpad.
heehee, You got me on that one, osxx! I was obviously "thinking too small."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« US blocks AT&T and T-Mobile deal | How the iPhone Crippled T-Mobile... »