New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple releases Mac OS X 10.7.1 with Wi-Fi improvements, audio out fixes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
The best part of this update: 17MB. At home on a slower connection, that put a smile on my face.

I'd like to know why Apple hid my Library folder. If I override one their defaults, why are they reverting it?
Because Jobs does not want you looking in YOUR Library Folder!!!

Update was tinyq and installed quite fast.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post

Update was tinyq and installed quite fast.
Exactly. And if The Steve wants it that way, so shall it be. Lord Jobs hath spoken... OBEY.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
Oh, oh, I think I just blasphemed!
QUOTE Thanks
Command Alt Ego

Command Alt Ego is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mid-2010 15" MBP; late 2012 11" MBA; iPhone 5

The update fixed one bug for me: my MBP no longer forgets my keyboard backlight settings, when I either log out/log back in; or power down/power back up.

Strangely, my bettertouchtool trackpad gesture settings do not work now, after logout/login or power down/power up, until I open BTT's app window -- whereupon everything works. Why would that be?
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Command Alt Ego View Post
The update fixed one bug for me: my MBP no longer forgets my keyboard backlight settings, when I either log out/log back in; or power down/power back up.

Strangely, my bettertouchtool trackpad gesture settings do not work now, after logout/login or power down/power up, until I open BTT's app window -- whereupon everything works. Why would that be?
I caught something in the release stating that if you had 3rd party configuration programs there could be some unexpected results. Yea, that's unexpected

Personally, I'd try reinstalling BTT

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
shahrezsyed

shahrezsyed is on a distinguished road

OS 10.7.1 is here. Did anyone feel the difference? My 2010 MBP 13" is a lot snappier. I can notice the speed difference particularly when I launch mission control.
shahrez
QUOTE Thanks
cynicalandbored

cynicalandbored is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
What were you expecting it to solve in particular? I'd say so far 10.7 has been the most stable initial release I've seen of OS X.
I have about five games that don't work under Lion. But I've found out that it has to do something with Intel HD Graphics and Lion not working well together. I was sort of hoping Apple would fix that since Blizzard (the company responsible for Warcraft) said they couldn't do a thing and that it was up to Apple to fix this.
QUOTE Thanks
ronin67

ronin67 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I was really not having any issues unless the Safari Memory leak is considered a serious one. In 10.7.1 repairing permissions and doing a TM backup. All seems ok.

Did anyones machine after the update boot up REALLY slow the first time?

Mine did. After that initial reboot, no issues.

May God bless!

Ed
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalandbored View Post
I was sort of hoping Apple would fix that since Blizzard (the company responsible for Warcraft) said they couldn't do a thing and that it was up to Apple to fix this.
Sounds like Blizzard doesn't want any more business from Apple customers.

Download was fast and instal was quick. No new quirks, yet.

QUOTE Thanks
cynicalandbored

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Sounds like Blizzard doesn't want any more business from Apple customers.

Download was fast and instal was quick. No new quirks, yet.
I don't know, it's not just Blizzard. People who play Assasin's Creed 2 have graphics problems with this card too and Ubisoft pointed to Apple to solve it. And nothing was solved in 10.7.1 either. So I'm really puzzled about whom to call
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalandbored View Post
I don't know, it's not just Blizzard. People who play Assasin's Creed 2 have graphics problems with this card too and Ubisoft pointed to Apple to solve it. And nothing was solved in 10.7.1 either. So I'm really puzzled about whom to call
Unfortunately Apple isn't huge on gaming so a fix may take a while to get out, if ever.

QUOTE Thanks
cynicalandbored

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
Unfortunately Apple isn't huge on gaming so a fix may take a while to get out, if ever.
I know, I didn't get Macbook to play games. It just shocked me that so many games stopped working. Oh well, bummer.
QUOTE Thanks
dekan

dekan is a jewel in the roughdekan is a jewel in the rough

Update took quite a while for only 17mb. Done now and everything seems just fine.

QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
Steve is quite insistent on the graphical integration on YOUR computer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
Exactly. And if The Steve wants it that way, so shall it be. Lord Jobs hath spoken... OBEY.
It would seem that you've all been trained to respond in such a way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Code:
chflags nohidden ~/Library
Oh, oh, I think I just blasphemed!
The Ministry of Love will be at your house momentarily to "assist" you with your views.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

Trained? Oh no mon-ami, I just do ls -ltr ~/Library

that always seems to work

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OS 10.7 Lion feature/rumour roundup | Why hibernate or 'safe sleep' mode is no longer necessary in OS X Lion »