Post Starbucks giving out free apps in the US
    Starbucks giving out free apps in the US

Now when you go into Starbucks, you could walk away with a free paid application instead of a bonus music track. According to Cnet, Starbucks recently launched a "Pick of the Week" program that lets you download a new app each week.

The free app offer works the same way Starbucks free music track offer has for years. You buy a coffee or snack and grab a free card at the checkout register. On the back of the card is a code that you enter into iTunes to redeem your free application.

The promotion kicked off with Shazam Encore, a premium version of the music-identifying app that normally sells for US$5.99. Each week there will be a new free application for you to download while you sip your latte grande.

Starbucks giving out free apps in the US originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source*|*Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments
    Read more

2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    God, I hate Starbucks (for many reasons) but this is a cool idea. Too bad I'll never benefit from it. Hope other businesses jump on it (I'm looking at you, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf!).
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Thread Information