New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive Now Available

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive Now Available

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
Printerman

Printerman is a jewel in the roughPrinterman is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac10,1, 3.06 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 10.8.2, 21.5" screen.

You think you can use it as a normal flash drive after installing lion?

-Dylan
QUOTE Thanks
dero

dero will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive

Probably can, but do you want to?

As noted, those who install Lion through the USB Thumb Drive won’t be able to perform re-installs with Lion’s built-in Recovery functionalities, as they will need to use the thumb drive again.

My happy Macstable
iPod Touch 4th Gen 32Gb
21'5 iMac , 4GB, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz,
1 Terra HDD
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Here's the link to the thumb drive in the Apple Store. LINK

System requirements:
Quote:
Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
2GB of memory
OS X v10.6.6 or later (v10.6.8 recommended)
7GB of available space
Also at the bottom of the page is this verbiage in the Software License Agreement...
Quote:
The OS X Lion Software License Agreement allows you to install and use the software for your personal, non-commercial use on all the Macs you own or control that are running Mac OS X Snow Leopard or Snow Leopard Server (a Mac Computer).
All of this makes it sound as if you can't jump from Leopard to Lion. But I'm sure it won't be long before someone tries it and then we'll know for sure.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
akes it sound as if you can't jump from Leopard to Lion. But I'm sure it won't be long before someone tries it and then we'll know for sure.
Ok and let me clear this up just before it gets started.

There are a lot of things we can do, and even if you can do it, doesn't mean you are allowed to do it per the EULA. Nor should we be knowingly encouraging people to break the EULA.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HTC sues Apple after losing patent dispute | Did Apple conspire with publishers to keep e-book prices high? »