Post Mac 101: Capture your signature using OS X Lion's Preview app
    Mac 101: Capture your signature using OS X Lion's Preview app

OS X Lion has made digitally signing PDFs easier than ever before. It's been possible to scan in your handwritten signature and sign documents in earlier versions of Mac OS X, but it was a complex process and one most people probably never trifled with. More often than not, I found it easier to simply print out the document, sign it the normal way, and scan the whole document back into Preview using my flatbed scanner.

Lion's version of Preview comes with a built-in signature scanner that makes signing documents far simpler. In the Annotations toolbar you now have an option to create a signature from your Mac's built-in iSight camera. All you need to do is use black ink to sign a piece of white paper, align your signature toward the camera using the onscreen guides, and take a snapshot of the signature. (I haven't used my real signature here, obviously.)

Preview can store multiple signatures, so if you need to both sign and initial documents, you're able to do so easily using Preview's annotation functions. It's a great feature, and one that ensures my printer will be gathering even more dust than it already has.

One step closer to a truly paperless office

Mac 101: Capture your signature using OS X Lion's Preview app originally appeared on TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog on Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source*|*Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments
    Read more

Specs:
    Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
    Sweet... we'll call it iForge!

Specs:
    MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    You can change 'ink' color too with the color palette in annotate bar.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    I did this a looooong time ago with Photoshop after scanning a piece of paper with my signature on it. Didn't serve any purpose, just did it to see if I could make it look good.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
    It's good when you received an email with PDF to sign. Just pop in the signature, email back, and let the other person print it out. Very convenient.

Specs:
    March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
    It also looks good as a sig for selected e-mails and of course Word documents. I scanned mine in previously - but this will make the process accessible for most. Looks pretty good.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    It's a great innovation and will suffice to sign most documents. However, there still are times when you will need to sign in person or for legal reasons have your signature notarized.

This looks pretty cool; all the new features I have been seeing look pretty interesting... Think it might be time for an upgrade

Thread Information