Post Toggle Mac OS X 10.7 Lion New Features On / Off With Lion Tweaks

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Nice find.

Specs:
    15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
    Very nice.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Anyone tried this utility yet?
    I'm curious if I've made some tweaks already, will installing this thing recognize those changes and reflect them or will it put everything back to default settings and I'll have to make all changes via this app? I'll wait for someone else to try it and report here...
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Just tried it. It leaves the tweaks you already made intact - such as unhiding the library folder, scroll bars, no resume, etc.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by chscag View Post
    Just tried it. It leaves the tweaks you already made intact - such as unhiding the library folder, scroll bars, no resume, etc.
    Sweet! Thanks for posting that.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I have to be honest and say that I might decide to unhide the User Library folder ... but apart from that I'm not finding any reason to tweak anything. Apple already provided ways to turn off things you don't like (or ignore them), and I have surprised myself this week by deciding to turn BACK ON "natural scrolling" and give it a more honest go ... the surprising part is that it's now totally "natural" to me. I'm sure I could switch back if I wanted ... the human brain is a very adaptable thing ... but the AADD types may never give it a fair shake.

Specs:
     Macbook Pro 13" 2.26Ghz C2D; 8Gb; 500Gb 7200; Nvidia 9400M, Apple TV 160 GB, iPod Nano, i
    I think it has been well documented that Lion brings the best of iOS to the Mac so I cannot understand why people upgrade to Lion from Snow Leopard if they do not like the change?

I found some of the changes un-natural at first but having persevered with them they all now make perfect sense and the gestures and the swipes all work seamless now from one device to another.

The way I see it is its very much like buying a Mac after being a long time Windows user. You can roll with the changes and adopt the OSX style or you can be stuck in old ways and stick Windows back on it.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    I'm sure I could switch back if I wanted ... the human brain is a very adaptable thing ... but the AADD types may never give it a fair shake.
    I have no doubt anyone could force themselves to get used to it, it's how we work.

But the issue I have is that I have a MBP at home with Lion so yes I can natural scroll on that. For work, I use a Windows machine. Switching back and forth would drive me nuts.

And what about people in that situation who also have other Macs that aren't on Lion?

Maybe once there's a critical mass of machines that can do it or Windows ever picks it up. But until then, it's just not natural.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Information