New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple expected to launch 3 HDTV models by March 2012 - report

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Apple expected to launch 3 HDTV models by March 2012 - report

Quote:
Apple will likely launch a new high-definition television set in March 2012 with three screen sizes and price points, one Wall Street analyst claims.

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I have a hard time seeing this as really a viable area for Apple to compete. When pretty good 55in HDTVs are routinely available for around $1k I don't see many $3k+ TVs going out the door.

But, if anyone can make it work, Apple can.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
I have a hard time seeing this as really a viable area for Apple to compete. When pretty good 55in HDTVs are routinely available for around $1k I don't see many $3k+ TVs going out the door.

But, if anyone can make it work, Apple can.
When has a higher price ever stopped anyone from buying an Apple product?

I think this is a funny rumor though because it's been around for years now. Will be interesting to see if it finally comes true.

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweb View Post
When has a higher price ever stopped anyone from buying an Apple product?

I think this is a funny rumor though because it's been around for years now. Will be interesting to see if it finally comes true.
I agree, but that is because Apple generally gives
1) Superior performance, and
2) Superior customer service

Admittedly my eyes aren't the best, but picture quality on even the lower range sets is already so good it's hard to justify spending more, so Apple would need to add some really cool features.
As far as customer service goes, I have had a grand total of two repairs done on TV sets (one of which I did myself) in the almost 40 years now I have owned one, so that lessens the appeal of better customer service (at least to me).

Realistically, though, if Apple makes one I'll probably end up buying it.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Google just dropped the price of the Revue to $99.00...

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
[DT]

[DT] has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP 15" 16/500/2.3GHz, iPad 4 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

Apple won't be able to do anything with the resolution like they have with the iPhone (and potentially upcoming iPads and MBPs), since that's driven by consumer media which tops out at 1080P.

We know it will be a stunning piece of aesthetic design, but I'm thinking if they can pack in an Apple TV, some additional ports, built-in WiFi, maybe an interface for iOS for a nice controller.

My main beef in the TV market is from the STBs and their horrible UIs. I mean, a DirecTV DVR is like something from the 80's, slow and clunky. I don't know if Apple can really do anything about improving that market, since they're kind of in an odd position being media providers themselves.

I also believe the price point will be more sensitive in the TV market than in the computer market, it's a little more "Joe Consumer".

Just my $0.02 and miscellaneous ramblings
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I will hold off any of my skeptical opinions until I actually see what they release. I'm not a fan of Bose, so I won't make any comparisons to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Google just dropped the price of the Revue to $99.00...
I saw that...they are getting more returns than they are selling. I think that might be the new definition of a garbage device! lol

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
I saw that...they are getting more returns than they are selling. I think that might be the new definition of a garbage device! lol
I saw that in an article too, but how does that work?

How do you get return units that are more than you sell? Are the boxes reproducing when no one is looking, like tribbles on Star Trek?

QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razormac View Post
I saw that in an article too, but how does that work?

How do you get return units that are more than you sell? Are the boxes reproducing when no one is looking, like tribbles on Star Trek?
It can go a little something like this: Say you make 20,000 units. When initially released, you sell 3,000 units the first month. Naturally, there would be about 5-10% return, equalling 1,000-2,000 units right off the bat. This number is an average for a lot of things, and doesn't change until a new product comes, problems arise, or people hate it, and naturally rises the longer an item is out. The next month, sales drop significantly(as in this case)...say 500 units, while people from last month are still at the sale return rate from previous sale results. As long as sales of the next month are significantly dropping from the previous month, your returns will outnumber sales.

Of course, there are always exceptions to this.

I'm waiting till they are free!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple victorious in WIPO dispute over ipods.com domain | AllThingsD: iPhone 5 Actually Set For An October Launch? »