New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Lion Mail: Faster, full-screen, and feature-packed

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

aoifeee

aoifeee is on a distinguished road

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I'm REALLY liking the new Mail app. I never used it in SL, but now I use it ALL the time! I haven't actually logged into an actual web email since I set up my accounts(yahoo/me/gmail). Everything works perfectly for me. I'm happy!

On a side note. I got to do a complete clean install of Lion, and I LOVE it now. Operates SO smoothly. It takes longer, but is well worth it in my opinion.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
ronin67

ronin67 has a spectacular aura about

Sorry, I know it may have been posted already, but I have to say that I really love the revised version of "Mail" that comes with Lion 10.7. It is so much faster and more responsive then in the previous version in Snow Leopard. I synced my mobile me and yahoo e-mail with it and it works like a charm. Before, I favored using Outlook in Office 2011. That is now starting to fade. I find myself going to use Mac mail more then ever before. Thanks Apple for streamlining the mail program and making it much more dependable and faster. Does anyone else see this big difference like I do. Also, is there anyone who doesn't like the new Mail in Lion and why?

Thanks!

Ed
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Merged similar threads.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
Jablinski55

Jablinski55 is on a distinguished road

Still haven't had the answer to my question about undeletable deleted messages? Still can't get my head around that one... All about a box called 'All Mail'
QUOTE Thanks
p0ll!xx

p0ll!xx will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz Intel Core i5, 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3,

I have made the switch from Sparrow back to Mail.app. I'm very pleased with its performance and its much better integration with my Google Apps. The conversation view is much cleaner than sparrow and it handles all of my emails perfectly just like going to my webpage version. The search is awesome! I did comparable searches in Sparrow and was only able to find about 60% of the emails I was looking for. Mail.app found them every time.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jablinski55 View Post
I have a major problem with either mail package. Why when I delete items in any box, I go to 'All Mail' and there they are again. So I delete them then again in trash and bin and all looks ok till…. a couple of minutes later, they're back!! How is that? Can anyone advise what if anything to switch off….
Cheers..
Which mail is this for? Gmail?

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Jablinski55

Yes it is Gmail and I now discover that when I log into my remote Gmail account I can in fact delete them. I just don't understand that when I'm using my Mac Mail which is Gmail I can't do that on the desktop? All's well that ends well….
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

What I've noticed is that I have to right-click on the mailbox trash, not Gmail trash, and hit "erase deleted items". If I individually delete *some* mail, it won't get deleted. Try it, and see if it works.

QUOTE Thanks
Jablinski55

Ok will give that a go and save time keep opening my gmail.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Comex the wizard behind JailBreakMe joins Apple as a intern ! ! ! ! ! | Apple Releases OS X Lion »