New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple Releases OS X Lion

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

I'd be Lion if I didn't say this new OS looks sharp.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
Reid Stairs

Reid Stairs is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13.3

Downloaded. Installed. And working fine! I really like it all so far!
QUOTE Thanks
fixerman

fixerman is on a distinguished road

I have a three week old iMac. I was given to understand that I would qualify for a free upgrade. Anybody know how this works?
QUOTE Thanks
Canadian_Doc

Canadian_Doc is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27-inch 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5/iPhone 16GB 3GS

I downloaded and installed Lion; no problems whatsoever, works flawlessly!

Scott

iMac 27-inch 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
4GB memory - 1TB hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics with 512MB memory
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Running Lion. Everything works nice so far, but I don't like how it scrolls so far down with the bouncing action. I LOVE the spelling auto correction! LOVE IT!!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
EvenStranger

EvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really niceEvenStranger is just really nice
Mac Specs: Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd

Fixerman - Apple - OS X Lion and Lion Server - Up to Date Program
QUOTE Thanks
fixerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I have a three week old iMac. I was given to understand that I would qualify for a free upgrade. Anybody know how this works?
I tried that but it just takes me to the UK Apple Store with no indication of how to obtain the free upgrade! I am in the UK obviously!
QUOTE Thanks
whitehorse84

whitehorse84 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro

we should start a list of things working and not working.

for me, working:

final cut pro, adobe CS5 suite, final draft 8 (with the latest patch). Plus all the typical apple software (ilife 11, iWork's, etc.. obviously)

not working:

intego antivirus (I know I know, antivirus? why though? because in my line of work there's a LOT of excel documents that get shot back and forth and there's been quite a few times we'd had virus infected ones that came from someone's PC and we had to basically remove the virus before passing it on)
QUOTE Thanks
randalthor

randalthor is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram

How do you like it? I've been watching it evolve since dev preview 1 (build 11a390) and it's grown into a nice OS. There are still a few minor bugs here and there, but it's exciting. The Golden Master addressed most issues that I was having. Weirdly, Finder doesn't automatically open for me when I log in, I need to click the icon to have it open. This can be a pain for other log in items that rely on finder (my scripts to reconnect network drives for example), but I think that will be fixed in 10.7.1, easily. I've actually switched back from Chrome to Safari because fullscreen chrome pales in comparison to the sleekness of safari.

I see a lot of you are freaking out about inverse scrolling (more natural feeling to me), but apparently you guys did no reading about the OS before upgrading. It's easily reversed back to the old method under system prefs> trackpad. After playing with developer preview 1, I actually went out and bought shareware (Smart Scroll) to reverse the scrolling. It just feels right. It makes more sense. Now if people have it the other way, it throws me off!

The one thing that annoys the crap out of me is having to recheck scroll "with inertia" under universal access every time i log out and back in. For some reason even though the preference sticks, it doesn't keep the inertial scrolling until I tell it again that that is what I want.

All in all, I'm satisfied, and for 30 bucks, **** yea!
QUOTE Thanks
fixerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I tried that but it just takes me to the UK Apple Store with no indication of how to obtain the free upgrade! I am in the UK obviously!
Got it eventually from the UK Apple Store. Downloading as I write. Fingers crossed!
QUOTE Thanks
fixerman

Anybody checked out Yep or Leap yet on Lion?
QUOTE Thanks
Recon007

Recon007 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 iMac 27 i7 2.8 GHz 12 GB of Ram - iPhone 4 16GB - iPhone 4S 16 GB - iPad 3 32GB WiFi

Lion installed and runs good, a few hiccups but to be expected with new software. Love the new car smell!
QUOTE Thanks
whitehorse84

whitehorse84 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro

does anyone know if updates to lion will be through the app store or through software update? I just got an iTunes update, but am wondering if updates for Lion will be through software update as well.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehorse84 View Post
does anyone know if updates to lion will be through the app store or through software update? I just got an iTunes update, but am wondering if updates for Lion will be through software update as well.
App Store

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
randalthor

randalthor is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2ghz c2d, 180gb vertex 2 ssd, 4gb ram

oooOOOoo00Ooo - my macbook now supports a 64 bit kernel, and defaults to it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lion Mail: Faster, full-screen, and feature-packed | US blocks AT&T and T-Mobile deal »