New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

.Mac update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Hey all you .mac users out there!

Apple has just upgraded the service:
Each member account now has 1GB of space for emails and iDisk storage.
Backup 3 is also now available (10.3.9 required).

Thanks Apple! (About time, but thanks).
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

Thats cool, one qeustion, How do you get updated to 1 GB. It does not seem to be automatic. I do not see directions on homepage.

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
briang

briang is on a distinguished road

and did they fix backup so you can use multiple dvd's?
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

Maybe it's not meant for members that joined past a certain time line

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
QUOTE Thanks
rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

Cool, thanks for the heads up.

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

I have had my account for awhile, now. It says I am up to 1GB.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNAP
Thats cool, one qeustion, How do you get updated to 1 GB. It does not seem to be automatic. I do not see directions on homepage.

Go to mac.com, login, go to Account, then go to storage settings. It doesn't automatically allocate the space to e-mail or iDisk.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

did you something to update it? Mine remains the same.

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

I deleted a few things on my computer that are still on my idisk if I sync them both I will lose some photos on some pages or even some pages, correct?

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

When I logged in it just said I have 1 GB now available buy my iDisk was set to 125mb and my E-mail was set to 125mb. I just had to go to the settings to tell it where I wanted to use the new space.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Good to see they finally caught up, however I still don't like the 10GB per month data transfer when places like Omnis gives 100GB. Although I do know the other benefits of .Mac but they need to do something about that.
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

Ok it is up dated now. Phew I thought something was wrong. I think I need another place for my pages anyway, it is not really setup for the things I put on there. Maybe I'll use up all the space for the alloted time and move on to another just before the time is up.....Thanks for the update BTW!~

www.idadgraphics.com
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Sorry for not replying sooner - I'm at work at the moment

Yeah I didn't have the gig when I posted, but the .mac status page still said that services were unavailable so I figured they were still in the process of setting up all members accounts.
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I'm happy with the upgrades. Does anyone know if Backup 3 can clone to a external firewire drive to create a bootable backup?

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Glad to see it finally got updated. .Mac is nice, but for the money, it makes more sense to go with another hosting company. However, I am doing .Mac for a year, since it was discounted with my Powermac. I may or may not renew it when the year is up. I wish they'd update/add more freebees (ex. The GarageBand Jampacks).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Expo | I told you this would happen, x86 mac = 3 OSes in one »