New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Free Upgrade to Lion with a New Mac Purchase

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Free Upgrade to Lion with a New Mac Purchase

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
a qualifying new Mac system
Wonder if this applies only to new Macs or refurbished too.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
Wonder if this applies only to new Macs or refurbished too.
Since refurbs ship with the latest OS and have the same warranty as new, I would suspect this would apply to them as well . . . only a guess.

I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .
QUOTE Thanks
dero

dero will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive

well, my iMac is "newish". It's only 4 months old... Justa baby.

I know, June 6 is the date, you buy a computer on June 5th,
it's considered as OLD, outdated, a dinosaur...

My happy Macstable
iPod Touch 4th Gen 32Gb
21'5 iMac , 4GB, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz,
1 Terra HDD
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Even with this option to upgrade, I've still told my parents to wait for 10.7 to actually be released so they don't have to deal with learning 10.6 only to immediately have to learn 10.7. I'm very jealous of them, as they are going to be buying a 27" iMac i7 and a 17" MacBook Pro to replace their G4 tower and PowerBook G3 as soon as 10.7 is out.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by dero View Post
well, my iMac is "newish". It's only 4 months old... Justa baby.

I know, June 6 is the date, you buy a computer on June 5th,
it's considered as OLD, outdated, a dinosaur...

Well, it only makes sense they offer Lion to Macs purchased on or after the date that Lion is announced.
Anything purchased before June 6 is not considered outdated. It just means you have to pay the $29.99 for Lion. Big deal, it's just as good and the same as a Mac purchased after June 6. The only difference is if you're paying for Lion.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
50voltphantom

50voltphantom is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo - eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 400 MHz - iPad 2 16GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONE View Post
Even with this option to upgrade, I've still told my parents to wait for 10.7 to actually be released so they don't have to deal with learning 10.6 only to immediately have to learn 10.7. I'm very jealous of them, as they are going to be buying a 27" iMac i7 and a 17" MacBook Pro to replace their G4 tower and PowerBook G3 as soon as 10.7 is out.
That's one serious upgrade!

Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo 4 GB RAM 500 GB HD OS 10.6.8 Magic Trackpad- eMac 1.42 GHz (RIP) - iMac G3 Grape 400 MHz 1GB RAM 40GB HD OS 10.4.11 iSub - iPad 2 16GB - iPod Classic 120 GB - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen 1GB - Apple TV 2
QUOTE Thanks
Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad 32GB 3G, iPhone 16GB 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONE View Post

Wow!!

So lucky

Edit - Anyone have any idea how big a download Lion would be please?

I have downloaded Linux Distros before, so it would be possible - although it took overnight for those
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50voltphantom View Post
That's one serious upgrade!
I know! That's how my dad does it, though. Buy the nicest/fastest (within reason) and use them for a long, long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk4 View Post
Wow!!

So lucky
I'm really jealous of them, too!
QUOTE Thanks
applebanana

applebanana is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.26 13" (Uni/Late 09) 8GB RAM 120GB SSD Boot up 500 GB 7200RPM HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk4 View Post
Wow!!

So lucky

Edit - Anyone have any idea how big a download Lion would be please?

I have downloaded Linux Distros before, so it would be possible - although it took overnight for those
I've heard 4 gb.

Help your fellow forum members out and use the Reputation system EH?
iPhone 4s 16GB MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.26GHz 13" Uni/Late 09 8GB RAM 120GB SSD in Superdrive Bay 500GB 7200RPM HDD in Main Bay
The Internets longest running Drummer's Forum!!
QUOTE Thanks
Fredren

Fredren is on a distinguished road

This sucks, I just got my MacBook pro 13" on 05/27
QUOTE Thanks
jreilly37

jreilly37 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredren View Post
Don't feel bad, I bought mine on June 5th.
QUOTE Thanks
Sonicjet

Sonicjet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 13' Macbook Pro i5

And this is why I waited to buy mine on June 13...
QUOTE Thanks
Niemand

Niemand is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreilly37 View Post
and I bought mine on June 01. Dammit!
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredren View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreilly37 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niemand View Post
and I bought mine on June 01. Dammit!
None of you should feel bad as for $29 you can have Lion . . . . . Dont be upset just enjoy your new Mac. Feel for the people that will have to upgrade there Mac if they want the latest and greatest . . . . . . Now that would be a downer . . . .

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sustained growth of MacBook Air may provide Apple $3.0B-per-year opportunity | Rumor: Apple helping Facebook's 'secret' HTML5 project »