New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

First taste of Apple's iCloud available with iTunes 10.3, iOS App Store

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

First taste of Apple's iCloud available with iTunes 10.3, iOS App Store

Quote:
Just moments after Apple announced its new iCloud service, the company's iOS App Store and iTunes Store were dynamically updated with a new "Purchased" tab for re-downloading software and content, and iTunes 10.3 was released for Mac and PC.

Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

Where is iTunes 10.3?? I just checked and it says mine is up to date (10.2.2) and that is the only version available for download via Apple's Support site.

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Can't wait to get home and check this out. Of all the days for me to be stuck here...and probably for a few more hours!!
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all

Also, when you click on Download iTunes 10.3, it just takes you to the download page for 10.2.2. Maybe Apple is getting everything ready but the .dmg file is last piece they haven't connected yet?

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant futureBrianLachoreVPI has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Yes - doesn't seem to be available yet. I wonder how retroactive it will be? My wife's old ipod died - long ago - and it was synced with a long mothballed computer who's HDD is on a shelf somewhere. I wonder if she'll be able to get her old downloads this way. Would save me a lot of hassle.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

Would also make purchasing a new Mac easier when it comes time to load music, etc. I mean we should already have a backup, but sometimes you just want to load apps, music, etc. yourself for a fresh start.

QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

I still haven't been able to get 10.3. Anyone else?
QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Nope, nothing yet.

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks
Boosted_Brian

Boosted_Brian is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen

Download is now available.

Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Thanks for sharing, Boosted Brian! Downloading now, while watching a replay of the keynote on Apple's site.
QUOTE Thanks
Boosted_Brian

Boosted_Brian is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen

Here you go.... This is the only music I have every purchased from the iTunes store. However, it also has every app I ever purchased on my iPhone, regardless whether I deleted it off my device.

Pretty cool.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-06-07 at 2.15.48 AM.png (326.7 KB, 109 views)
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Edit: It is now, at the time of editing this post, available in Software Update.

As of right now, it is not available via Software Update. You'll have to go to the link above.

Once you have it, click on Purchased under the Store heading in the sidebar, then you'll see a Download Previous Purchases at the bottom right.

All my music, apps and books show up.

Not mentioned in the keynote and not there - TV Shows and Movies - so you'll still need to make sure all those are backed up. Hopefully they're working on these also since at least Amazon and Vudu both allow for the re-downloading/streaming of this purchased content.

And no matching service available yet, that I can find.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
gbryant

gbryant is an unknown at this point

How can I authourize more than 5 computers.... pia
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbryant View Post
How can I authourize more than 5 computers.... pia
You can't, you can only authorize 5 per Apple ID. Which quite honest, given the prices you pay for stuff, is definitely more than fair.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
Leukeh

Leukeh is a jewel in the roughLeukeh is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM

Weird. I have the new version but can only see my purchased apps and books. No music. And I have purchased music in my library! =\

Behance Design/Photography Porfolio
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FaceTime to support 3G connections in iOS 5? | Apple investigating iPhone app to coordinate movie times with other plans »