New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple issues EFI and Thunderbolt updates for new iMacs, MacBook Pros

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

Apple issues EFI and Thunderbolt updates for new iMacs, MacBook Pros

Quote:
Apple has issued several updates for Thunderbolt-equipped iMacs and MacBook Pros. The updates include:

Mac OS X v10.6.7 Update for iMac (Early 2011) -- includes general OS fixes and improved Thunderbolt device support. 382.56 MB.

iMac EFI Update 1.6 -- includes fixes that improve performance and stability for Thunderbolt. 6.1MB.

MacBook Pro EFI Update 2.1 -- includes fixes that resolve an issue with Turbo Mode in Boot Camp and improve performance and stability for graphics and Thunderbolt. 3.06 MB.

MacBook Pro Software Update 1.4 -- includes fixes that improve graphics stability, address issues with external display support and 3D performance and improve Thunderbolt device support. 132.69 MB.

You can download the individual updates by clicking the links above or run Software Update on your Thunderbolt-equipped iMac or MacBook Pro.

Apple issues EFI and Thunderbolt updates for new iMacs, MacBook Pros originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 05 May 2011 00:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source*|*Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments
Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Interesting.... I wonder if these updates are also designed to help the new MBPs to run a bit cooler? Sounds like it might be although it isn't mentioned.
QUOTE Thanks
lonewolf

lonewolf is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13.3 2.4Ghz C2D 8GB Corsair X128 128GB SSD, iBook G4 1.2Ghz 1.25GB RAM

Enabled with the new EFI on 2011 iMacs!!

iMac firmware update enables SATA III capabilities | MacFixIt - CNET Reviews

-------------------------------------
MacBook Pro 13.3 2.4Ghz C2D 8GB RAM
Corsair X128 128GB SSD
iMac 2011 27" i5 2.7Ghz 12GB Ram 1TB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
infocusinc

infocusinc will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,

the 1.4 update broke my 2011 MBP. Once again I have a 2000 dollar computer that won't wake up from sleep while connected to a NEC 2690 monitor.

In all my years of computing I have never had the sheer number of problem I have had since owning my first macs, 2010 and 2011 MBP's. The problems are constant and Apple just keeps making them worse. Run an update, have a broken computer.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm mad enough to spit.

Craig Lamson - Craig Lamson Photo

www.craiglamson.com
QUOTE Thanks
medpilot

medpilot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by infocusinc View Post
the 1.4 update broke my 2011 MBP. Once again I have a 2000 dollar computer that won't wake up from sleep while connected to a NEC 2690 monitor.

In all my years of computing I have never had the sheer number of problem I have had since owning my first macs, 2010 and 2011 MBP's. The problems are constant and Apple just keeps making them worse. Run an update, have a broken computer.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm mad enough to spit.
I can understand your frustration. I'm new to Mac myself. Overall I'm pretty happy with the switch. One thing I've found is that my Macbook Pro doesn't work well with non-apple products. Like you mentioned your computer not waking up with your NEC monitor. I've tried 4 different bluetooth mice for my macbook and none of worked. I ended up getting the big bt trackpad from apple and what do you know, it works great.
QUOTE Thanks
infocusinc

infocusinc will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: '11 15.4, 2.2, 8gb MBP - '11 15.4, 2.0, 8gb MBP, 2x4gb Gen1 Nano, 8gb Gen3 Nano,

Quote:
Originally Posted by medpilot View Post
I can understand your frustration. I'm new to Mac myself. Overall I'm pretty happy with the switch. One thing I've found is that my Macbook Pro doesn't work well with non-apple products. Like you mentioned your computer not waking up with your NEC monitor. I've tried 4 different bluetooth mice for my macbook and none of worked. I ended up getting the big bt trackpad from apple and what do you know, it works great.

It was working perfectly ( at least this one) until the update. Second time time that has happened.

Craig Lamson - Craig Lamson Photo

www.craiglamson.com
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple and Guitar Center partner up to offer GarageBand workshops | Skype Bug Leaves Mac Users Vulnerable to Exploit »