New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

OneMoreThing...

OneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to beholdOneMoreThing... is a splendid one to behold

5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2

Quote:

Yesterday, I was finally able to pick up my iPad 2. This is my first iPad since I decided to hold out on the first generation model. Upon bringing it home, I found myself oddly excited and nervous.

You see, I've wanted an iPad since Steve Jobs first introduced this magical and revolutionary device to the world, but like many, I've struggled to justify its place in my digital life -- between my iPhone and my Mac. It is, after all, a fair amount of money to spend on what some would call just a gadget. Therefore, I've wanted to be sure that my iPad is going to be more than just a glorified "cool" way to browse the Web, when I could simply grab my MacBook Pro (and power supply because the battery's dead) from upstairs.

After months of scrimping, saving and debating with my conscience and wife (I've now realized they are one and the same), I took the plunge. After many nights of hitting Apple's iPad 2 online reserve page, I (somehow) managed to snag a reserve to collect the next day from Apple's Regent Street Store in London. That was two days ago. Yesterday, I picket up my 16 GB black iPad 2.

Which brings me to today. Now that I have my iPad, how do I feel? Well, I love it of course, but...there's a quiet, persistent voice in the back of my mind saying, "iPad 2, now that I have you, you need to earn your keep or you will be returned."

Therefore, I've spent most of this morning scouting for the features and installing the apps that are going to make my iPad 2 worth its keep. After the break are what I've come up with: my top 5 apps (and a few more just to be sure) to show off to this voice in my head, and hopefully, once and for all, still it.

Continue reading 5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2

5 apps to show off (justify!) my iPad 2 originally appeared on TUAW on Thu, 07 Apr 2011 10:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source*|*Permalink*|*Email this*|*Comments
Read more

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Future iPhones, iPads from Apple may add buttons, indicators to bezel | The New York Times Brings Paywall To iPad App »