New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Lion preview shows off new iCal look, iChat changes

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Lion preview shows off new iCal look, iChat changes
Lion preview shows off new iCal look, iChat changes | MacNN
Quote:
Developers and others poring over the second Developer Preview of Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion," released earlier today have already uncovered a few changes, including alterations to iChat and a dramatic new look for iCal, reports The Next Web.
QUOTE Thanks
Shikarnov

Shikarnov is a jewel in the roughShikarnov is a jewel in the roughShikarnov is a jewel in the rough

I don't know why, but every time I see something new having to do with Lion, I become more and more convinced that Apple's losing its collective mind -- at least as far as OSX is concerned. One comment to the original article had it right:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh03
Hopefully enough people speak up against this drastic turn in UI. This is exactly what Leopard was supposed to fix, custom UIs which look HORRIBLE. It's as if we've gone back in time to when Brushed Metal was the next big thing. =/
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

It's the way of the future.

Consistent, re-used UI elements (windows, buttons, menus) are out. Custom controls are in. Get on the iOS bandwagon! Every application should have a totally unique look and feel. If possible, it should take over the entire screen, instead of using a window.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I like my Apps in windows on my Mac so I can see if the dock bounces with there's activity in another app. Full screen is great for the app in question. But terrible if you can't notice notifications well in background apps.

If I could easily notice background apps notifications very well with full screen apps I'd always use my apps in full screen. But because this is simply not the case I will keep using window mode for all of my apps until a better notification system is invented.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Looks almost identical to the calendar app on the iPad.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Mac OS X 10.7 Lion: iCal 4.0 gets annual view, iPad appearance
AppleInsider | Mac OS X 10.7 Lion: iCal 4.0 gets annual view, iPad appearance
Quote:
Apple's iCal 4.0 in Mac OS X 10.7 Lion's second Developer Preview adopts an iPad appearance and a new annual view.
QUOTE Thanks
Moss

Moss is a jewel in the roughMoss is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM

I don't know how I feel about the leather look. It doesn't look... Bad. Obviously doesn't fit in either. That being said, I like the layout for the "Today" page. It seems so much more useful than the current setup.

Facebook|Twitter
If someone is being helpful, use the reputation system on your left!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Exciting changes coming to Rumors and Reports Forum | Apple patents iWeb for iPad »