Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Early 2011 Teardown
    MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Early 2011 Teardown
    MacBook Pro 15" Unibody Early 2011 Teardown - iFixit

Things they noted as really worrying:
    Holy thermal paste! Time will tell if the gobs of thermal paste applied to the CPU and GPU will cause overheating issues down the road.
    One thing that has us a little concerned about the new models is their quality control.
    A stripped screw near the subwoofer enclosure and an unlocked ZIF socket for the IR sensor should not be things found inside a completely unmolested computer with an $1800 base price.
    These 2 issues have me worried too. Are these one off issues or is Foxcon's quality control slipping?

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    These 2 issues have me worried too. Are these one off issues or is Foxcon's quality control slipping?
    I think we need to take a wait and see attitude on this. This may have been a fluke (more likely) rather than the norm. I can remember when I took delivery on my (then) new Ford Mustang. I wound up going back to the dealer 3 times for items which should have been taken care of by quality control or the dealer himself.

Thread Information