Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Inside Apple's shareholder meeting and Q&A with Tim Cook
    Inside Apple's shareholder meeting and Q&A with Tim Cook
    AppleInsider | Inside Apple's shareholder meeting and Q&A with Tim Cook
    Apple shareholders met at the company's Cupertino, California headquarters today to vote on six proposals and voice questions directed at Apple's executive team, followed by comments and a question and answer session handled by the company's chief operations officer Tim Cook.
    And this . . .

Apple says NC data center will support iTunes and MobileMe this spring
    AppleInsider | Apple says NC data center will support iTunes and MobileMe this spring
    Apple's North Carolina data center is expected to open this spring, and will support the iTunes and MobileMe services, the company said during its annual shareholders meeting on Wednesday, where AppleInsider was in attendance.
    Apple shareholders vote down showing CEO succession plan
    http://www.electronista.com/articles...ession.secret/

Three kinda unrelated topics. But all were mentioned at the shareholder meeting. So they can get put in the same topic here.

Specs:
    Imac 27", i7 3.5GHz, 3TB Fusion drive, 32GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    Thank goodness the CEO succession plan was voted down. Wonder why folk hold shares if they are that concerned about the company? And replacement of Steve Jobs when the time comes (hopefully years away..) is a matter or the Board of Directors period.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    For MS I'd so want to know the CEO succession and exactly when it'll happen. Then we'd know how long the dancing sweaty monkey is in charge and we know the day he leaves some real work can begin.

But for Apple. The stock drops when Steve coughs and has a flash crash when he coughs. So it's best they get this all sorted behind the scenes and at the right time spill the beans without having to do it years in advance. I think at Apple they want just the right person to take over. And I'm sure Jobs will choose the right one.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    More on the succession story here: BBC News - Apple beats off move to reveal Jobs succession details

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Thread Information