New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple sends out invites for iPad 2 media event on March 2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Apple sends out invites for iPad 2 media event on March 2
AppleInsider | Apple sends out invites for iPad 2 media event on March 2
Quote:
Apple on Wednesday sent out official invitations for a media event next week on March 2 in San Francisco, presumably to show off its second-generation iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
MYmacROX

MYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to allMYmacROX is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2008 15" MBP ML, 2012 21.5" iMac ML

And on March 3rd, an iPad 3 event. j/k

16GB iPhone 5, 64GB Wi-Fi only iPad 1st Gen.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Gotta love how this announcement comes the day before the release of the Motorola Xoom. Nice ploy to kill the Xoom's first day sales as people wait to see what Apple has in store

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Gotta love how this announcement comes the day before the release of the Motorola Xoom. Nice ploy to kill the Xoom's first day sales as people wait to see what Apple has in store
Take no prisoners!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Take no prisoners!
And kill off the wounded! Don't you love it when one empire begins to crumble and another begins to rise....
QUOTE Thanks
MrMacMan56

MrMacMan56 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB

I honestly cannot wait

These events can I watch them almost instantly online after it actually happens?
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

You should actually be able to watch it live online through Apple's website. And to answer your question, yes, Apple will make the keynote available for viewing afterward.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I'm pretty pumped about this. I'm about to reach a major accomplishment in my life over a year in the making, and if I'm successful, I know what I'll get to reward myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Motorola is killing their first day of sales all on their own! I don't know if you've seen the details, but it's a pretty sad state they've created between their own greed and their alliance with Verizon. People were cheering and clamoring for this thing back at CES, but now many are completely soured.

They're not releasing their cheaper wifi only model sometime in the future, if ever ever (think Galaxy Tab which has yet to have a wifi only model), and they don't have an iPad-matching 16GB model, which I believe is the best seller by a wide margin.

They cranked up the price of the 3G model a whopping 33% or $200 to $800, and then are sadly trying to make the $600 on-contract one look like a deal!

Oh, and if you don't sign 2 years of your life away for $200 you shouldn't have to pay anyway, you have to pay at least a month of service to verizon to "unlock" the wifi connectivity!

I'm sure a few of the Android faithful will still bite, but overall that thing is practically DOA.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
ThePope43

ThePope43 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|

I hope Apple really awes people and throw's a few curveballs in (NFC, "retina" display, etc)

Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Apple prepping Yerba Buena Center for March 2 iPad event
AppleInsider | Apple prepping Yerba Buena Center for March 2 iPad event
Quote:
In advance of a March 2 media event where Apple is expected to unveil the next iPad, the company has begun posting promotional signage at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

AppleInsider | Apple may surprise with near immediate availability of iPad 2 next week

This would be great not having to wait a month or two. Although, I'm not upgrading to the new iPad, my mother is, so I know I'll get to have some fun with it, setting it up for her.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat View Post
AppleInsider | Apple may surprise with near immediate availability of iPad 2 next week

This would be great not having to wait a month or two. Although, I'm not upgrading to the new iPad, my mother is, so I know I'll get to have some fun with it, setting it up for her.
Thanks for the link "iWhat"...some VERY interesting details!!!

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWhat View Post

Give her your iPad, and get the new one for yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
ElegantEsthetic

ElegantEsthetic will become famous soon enough

A shorter wait for it to become available will greatly help me with choosing between the first or second gen iPad; hopefully they strike a point nice enough for me to be able to read the reviews AND before I'm like 'well, rumors point to a new one in September...'
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONE View Post
Give her your iPad, and get the new one for yourself.
I just spoke with her again about iPad rumors. So now that the iPad 3 rumors are out, she doesn't think she wants the iPad 2 anymore, she wants the iPad 3 now... She always want the lastest, she would never settle for less. She's getting her first smartphone soon, so she thinks that will tide her over for now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Inside Mac OS X Lion: New window controls & gestures | 10.7 Lion drops support for PowerPC applications »