Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Apple working on smaller, $200 contract-free iPhone to combat Android - report
    Apple working on smaller, $200 contract-free iPhone to combat Android - report
    AppleInsider | Apple working on smaller, $200 contract-free iPhone to combat Android - report
    Apple is working on a new design and form factor for the iPhone that would allow for a less expensive, contract-free model to take on the competing Google Android platform and bypass wireless carrier contracts, according to Bloomberg.
    Now if this was invented I'd so get one. Cause I really don't like carrier plans.

The important parts of this article are:
    To the same end, it also said Apple is working on a dual-mode world phone that would be compatible with both GSM and CDMA networks.
    But it was also rumored that Apple was forced to abandon those plans after carriers allegedly threatened to stop offering subsidies for the iPhone.

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    I love competing rumors!

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Aww sounds too good to be true. T_T"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    Anyone else see the coincidence between the contract-free iphone at $200 and the iphone's $200 subsidized price with them being threatened with the subsidized phone plan being dropped? Almost seems like Apple wants the iphone's subsides to drop, maybe so they can release it to all companies, while still raking in a lot of money for each phone.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    But is it worth the major carriers dropping the iphone cause of no more lock in contracts? Simply so everyone can have the iphone.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I don't know that. But we we all know is that the iphone still commands a high price when sold unlocked, or even used. They have already lowered the building price of the cdma iphone. If they continue lowering the build price, as they have done with all the previous iphones, it will mean lower unsubsidized prices.

And frankly, I hate seeing everyone and their little toddler using an iphone. That's just me being honest.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

iPhone Nano in the works?
    I read today that there the iPhone Nano might become a reality, which is basically a cheaper and smaller version of the iPhone 4, in order to compete with the lower priced and hugely popular Android devices. It is said it will feature dual SIM, but with less advanced and expensive hardware. The device will sell for around US$200. Really, Apple?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    If by "really Apple" you're referring to the price, I was reading that $200 will be the UNsubsidized price.

June 2007
    July 2009

Specs:
    2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
    I don't see any problem with the logic. I don't see Apple to take a step without analyzing it in every manner possible before actually manufacturing a product.

If it is something Apple makes, then you know it's going to be good
    Don't forget the +reputation button on the left!

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    CodeNamed the N97 ~ Claimed to be half the iPhone size . . .

But im interested in this

MoblieMe is popping its head up again This is a quote from the above article

Under plans Apple is considering, MobileMe would become a free service that would serve as a "locker" for personal memorabilia like photos and videos, so there would no longer be a need for a lot of memory on devices themselves.
    Fingers crossedx
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    If by "really Apple" you're referring to the price, I was reading that $200 will be the UNsubsidized price.
    Exactly. That is unsubsidized pricing which means with subsidizes it could be offered for free with a renewed phone contract. It's a good way for Apple to get more iPhone users.

I personally wouldn't want a smaller iPhone because I think the current size is the smallest I would want it to go but it's good to have options for people who do want it. Also the cheaper pricing will be good for anyone who has always wanted an iPhone but couldn't get one because of the pricing.

If it's true I think it's a smart move for Apple since I know quite a bit of people who switched over to Mac computers because they loved their iPhone.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    A device that's half the size of the iPhone might be CALLED an iPhone, but would in fact be an entirely new model (as with the sometimes-quite-radical redesigns of the iMac).

My wife I think is the target market for such a device, and yes she would buy one in a second.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
    People are guessing it would be called an iPhone Nano just like all the variety of iPods. It would definitely be in it's own category and not a replacement for the current iPhone. At least I hope not because I wouldn't buy a smaller iPhone.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Seems interesting but I think I would loose my iPhone if it was any smaller. >_<"
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information