New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

BBC iPlayer app hits iPad this week

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Quote:
The BBC's iPlayer app for the Apple iPad will arrive this week. A BBC engineer has let slip that the app will hit tablets on 10 February.
BBC iPlayer app hits iPad this week | Crave | CNET UK

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Now that is great (for those in the UK of course). It's a very useful service, and that app should fly.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I heard there's a way to trick iTunes into letting you download Spotify and then you can sign up for service by just using a random UK address.

Could the same thing be done for iPlayer, or does that program track your IP location somehow?

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Buzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really niceBuzzard2010 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
As far as I know, that method you heard of a) doesn't work and b) isn't legal, so can't be discussed here.

Luckily, here's some related news that CAN: The BBC iPlayer will be coming to North America as a subscription service in June. At last, those of us not in the UK can enjoy digital BBC programming and directly reward those who made it possible. No middlemen, no distributors, no RIAA!

I absolutely love BBC programming (iPlayer will actually also include some non-BBC content as well over time), both radio and television, and have long looked for a good way to support it beyond just buying the box sets of the TV shows I enjoy most (Doctor Who mainly!). Really looking forward to it.
Being a UK person I didn't actually realise that the BBC was quite so popular or even well known in the US.
I get jealous of the networks you get over there like ABC and AMC (especially because you get Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and other fantastic shows well before they get ported to our networks.

I do know what you mean about Doctor Who though, fantastic show, it's one of our traditions on Christmas day to watch the christmas special that comes out a month or so before the new series starts.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Edit: The app is now up on the app store and looks lovely on the iPad screen, check it out...

BBC iPlayer for iPad on the iTunes App Store

- Simon

May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
Being a UK person I didn't actually realise that the BBC was quite so popular or even well known in the US.
I get jealous of the networks you get over there like ABC and AMC (especially because you get Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and other fantastic shows well before they get ported to our networks.

I do know what you mean about Doctor Who though, fantastic show, it's one of our traditions on Christmas day to watch the christmas special that comes out a month or so before the new series starts.

- Simon
BBC isn't insanely popular over here, but there's definitely a significant fan base for many BBC shows!

I'll have to seriously consider the subscription service when it arrives.

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
Doug b

Doug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond reputeDoug b has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

That would be awesome. The wife and I used to watch Holby City, Doctors and even... Eastenders. I got hooked on that show ! And yeah, of course Dr. Who. The wife, not so much on that one though. Ah well, there's no accounting for taste. She did marry ME after all, that should have tipped me off.

Doug
QUOTE Thanks
class77

class77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4

I am a huge fan of Downton Abbey. Will the BBC app work over hear and let me see Season 2 ahead of the rebroadcast by PBS??

 24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
 2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
 iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
 iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

Top Gear Rules... those guys are funny as h***.

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
Buzzard2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramimac1 View Post
+1 for that, loved the Albania episode, had me in stitches for ages!!

- Simon

May 2011
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramimac1 View Post
Agreed. I am a James fan though. But all 3 are just so good. Despite none of them knowing anything about cars.
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

Jeremy sure knows how to rip up a tire

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MAS being intergrated with the iTMS?? Your thoughts please .... | Apple working on smaller, $200 contract-free iPhone to combat Android - report »