Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    BBC iPlayer app hits iPad this week
    The BBC's iPlayer app for the Apple iPad will arrive this week. A BBC engineer has let slip that the app will hit tablets on 10 February.
    BBC iPlayer app hits iPad this week | Crave | CNET UK

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011
    Nominated: March 2011 & April 2011

Specs:
    20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
    Now that is great (for those in the UK of course). It's a very useful service, and that app should fly.
    Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    I heard there's a way to trick iTunes into letting you download Spotify and then you can sign up for service by just using a random UK address.

Could the same thing be done for iPlayer, or does that program track your IP location somehow?
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    As far as I know, that method you heard of a) doesn't work and b) isn't legal, so can't be discussed here.

Luckily, here's some related news that CAN: The BBC iPlayer will be coming to North America as a subscription service in June. At last, those of us not in the UK can enjoy digital BBC programming and directly reward those who made it possible. No middlemen, no distributors, no RIAA!

I absolutely love BBC programming (iPlayer will actually also include some non-BBC content as well over time), both radio and television, and have long looked for a good way to support it beyond just buying the box sets of the TV shows I enjoy most (Doctor Who mainly!). Really looking forward to it.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
    Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    As far as I know, that method you heard of a) doesn't work and b) isn't legal, so can't be discussed here.

Luckily, here's some related news that CAN: The BBC iPlayer will be coming to North America as a subscription service in June. At last, those of us not in the UK can enjoy digital BBC programming and directly reward those who made it possible. No middlemen, no distributors, no RIAA!

I absolutely love BBC programming (iPlayer will actually also include some non-BBC content as well over time), both radio and television, and have long looked for a good way to support it beyond just buying the box sets of the TV shows I enjoy most (Doctor Who mainly!). Really looking forward to it.
    Being a UK person I didn't actually realise that the BBC was quite so popular or even well known in the US.
    I get jealous of the networks you get over there like ABC and AMC (especially because you get Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and other fantastic shows well before they get ported to our networks.

I do know what you mean about Doctor Who though, fantastic show, it's one of our traditions on Christmas day to watch the christmas special that comes out a month or so before the new series starts.

- Simon

If you have been helped, don't forget to use the Reputation system at the top right of their post.
    May 2011

Specs:
    Edit: The app is now up on the app store and looks lovely on the iPad screen, check it out...

BBC iPlayer for iPad on the iTunes App Store

- Simon

May 2011

Specs:
    27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard2010 View Post
    Being a UK person I didn't actually realise that the BBC was quite so popular or even well known in the US.
    I get jealous of the networks you get over there like ABC and AMC (especially because you get Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead and other fantastic shows well before they get ported to our networks.

I do know what you mean about Doctor Who though, fantastic show, it's one of our traditions on Christmas day to watch the christmas special that comes out a month or so before the new series starts.

- Simon
    BBC isn't insanely popular over here, but there's definitely a significant fan base for many BBC shows!

I'll have to seriously consider the subscription service when it arrives.
    "Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    That would be awesome. The wife and I used to watch Holby City, Doctors and even... Eastenders. I got hooked on that show ! And yeah, of course Dr. Who. The wife, not so much on that one though. Ah well, there's no accounting for taste. She did marry ME after all, that should have tipped me off.

Doug

Specs:
    25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
    I am a huge fan of Downton Abbey. Will the BBC app work over hear and let me see Season 2 ahead of the rebroadcast by PBS??
     24" iMac, 3.06GHz C2D, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, 10.6.8
     2011 Mac mini, 2.7Ghz i7, 8GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 10.7.3
     iPad3 64GB, iPad2 32 GB
     iPhone 4, 32GB  Airport Extreme 5

Specs:
    2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
    Top Gear Rules... those guys are funny as h***.
    Old time Computer Hardware Tech
    Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramimac1 View Post
    +1 for that, loved the Albania episode, had me in stitches for ages!!

- Simon

May 2011

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramimac1 View Post
    Agreed. I am a James fan though. But all 3 are just so good. Despite none of them knowing anything about cars.

Specs:
    2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram
    Jeremy sure knows how to rip up a tire
    Old time Computer Hardware Tech
    Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!

Thread Information