New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Preorders of Apple's iPhone 4 break Verizon sales record in 2 hours

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Preorders of Apple's iPhone 4 break Verizon sales record in 2 hours
AppleInsider | Preorders of Apple's iPhone 4 break Verizon sales record in 2 hours
Quote:
Verizon on Friday declared that presales of the iPhone 4 exceeded any other launch in the company's history in just the first two hours, though the carrier declined to provide actual sales figures.
Verizon iPhone 4 preorders sell out on first day
AppleInsider | Verizon iPhone 4 preorders sell out on first day
Quote:
Initial demand for the Verizon iPhone is strong, as Apple and Verizon both appear to have run out of pre-sale stock of the new CDMA iPhone and are directing customers to wait until Feb. 9 to purchase the device online or Feb. 10 for in-store purchases.
54% of Verizon's Android, Blackberry users to switch to iPhone, survey says
AppleInsider | 54% of Verizon's Android, Blackberry users to switch to iPhone, survey says
Quote:
More than half of Verizon's current Android and Blackberry users indicated they are likely to switch to the iPhone when it arrives on the Verizon network on Feb. 10, according to a new survey.

I said a pre-order sell out was a possibility. And it seems I was right.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 4 160gb*

How much you wanna bet at least 50% of those people who pre-ordered, were one's who originally claimed that the iphone sucks?

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Verizon's online tracking is absolutely overwhelmed. Received a notification today that they made a mistake in their verbiage and that preorders would be fulfilled on or before 2/10. Tried to check my order status and keep getting "page unavailable". I'm guessing they sold even more than they had prepared to and their site must be getting a deluge of status requests.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I've got two Verizon wireless centers within 2 miles of my home and both are not accepting walk in orders. At least not yet. They probably are overwhelmed....
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

And my Apple stock continues to climb. Looking for a split.....

QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
That would be great. I've been kicking myself for not getting in when it was under $100. If it were a bit more affordable, it might help pay for some new Apple products

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Wonder if the analysts are eating that crow with anything and just think if T-Mobile and Sprint had the iPhone.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
I would happen to disagree here. Wait till Jobs is back and maybe when the new CEO has been there for a while and is all settled in. Cause with a split or two it won't take to really affect the share price. In other words, a $2 down turn on the shares hurts low shares much more then high share prices. $2 is just an example but I'm sure you get the idea.
QUOTE Thanks
ClockworkWorld

ClockworkWorld has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
How much you wanna bet at least 50% of those people who pre-ordered, were one's who originally claimed that the iphone sucks?
lol. As seems to always happen with anti-Apple people, the moment they can get one, it's suddenly awesome But when they can't for whatever reason, they are just overpriced trash

Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
I would happen to disagree here. Wait till Jobs is back and maybe when the new CEO has been there for a while and is all settled in. Cause with a split or two it won't take to really affect the share price. In other words, a $2 down turn on the shares hurts low shares much more then high share prices. $2 is just an example but I'm sure you get the idea.
I understand what you are driving it. I'm looking at a split from the long term not the short. After each of the previous splits my overall stock value decreased in the short term to more than quadrupled in the long term.

That aside though, Apple share price has gotten a bit higher than I believe the market can bare. A split would bring the price down, bring in more revenue as investors snatch up the "bargain" price and would improve Apple financials (not like they are bad) in the mid to long term.

QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Quote:
I understand what you are driving it. I'm looking at a split from the long term not the short. After each of the previous splits my overall stock value decreased in the short term to more than quadrupled in the long term.

That aside though, Apple share price has gotten a bit higher than I believe the market can bare. A split would bring the price down, bring in more revenue as investors snatch up the "bargain" price and would improve Apple financials (not like they are bad) in the mid to long term.
I agree with you too. A split would be a risk as would not splitting. For the reasons you and I mentioned. I don't think anyone knows the right answer here. it's more a case of pick one and hope for the best.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Sales of Apple's Verizon iPhone predicted to top 1M in first week
http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...irst_week.html
Quote:
Despite the fact that the new Verizon iPhone 4 is essentially the same as the model that went on sale 8 months ago with rival carrier AT&T, Apple is still predicted to top a million sales of the highly anticipated handset in the first week.
QUOTE Thanks
ukchucktown

ukchucktown has a spectacular aura about

I'm mildly surprised how many consumers are jumping at the first generation iPhone on Verizon. No talk and data at the same time, no 4G and benchmarks show AT&T's 3G network to be as much as 40% faster than Verizon's 3G network, high cost data plans and increased scrutiny that Verizon's network may buckle under the deluge of iPhone activations. Time will certainly tell but I'm inclined to hold off until an iPhone is out that supports Verizon's LTE network. I wonder how many consumers actually understand these limitations. Verizon certainly won't go out of their way to advertise them.
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

Resale value is why. You can actually sell your old iphone when a new one comes out for a fair price and get the new model.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukchucktown View Post
I'm mildly surprised how many consumers are jumping at the first generation iPhone on Verizon. No talk and data at the same time, no 4G and benchmarks show AT&T's 3G network to be as much as 40% faster than Verizon's 3G network, high cost data plans and increased scrutiny that Verizon's network may buckle under the deluge of iPhone activations. Time will certainly tell but I'm inclined to hold off until an iPhone is out that supports Verizon's LTE network. I wonder how many consumers actually understand these limitations. Verizon certainly won't go out of their way to advertise them.
Agreed.

I understand why there is no 4G though. Apple suffered with AT&Ts roll out of 3G so they are willing to sit by while both carriers get their LTE ducks in a row for the 4G iPhone 5 in 2012. Now they can pit the carriers against each other for price and service and let the public blame them, and not Apple itself, for the hold out. Once both carriers have somewhat reliable nationwide 4G service and the public is clamoring like a pack of drunken frat boys for a 4G capable iPhone, Apple will release one. In the interim the media will build wild excitement with ridiculous speculation and endless debate. When the 4G iPhone hits , sales records will be broken again, on both networks.

And my stock just goes up again.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Considers New Hovering Capabilities for Future iOS Displays | Apple's iPod classic 5th most popular media player in 2010, unlikely to go away »