New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple: Cook Moving Into Permanent Position? (Update)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Apple: Cook Moving Into Permanent Position? (Update)
Apple: Cook Moving Into Permanent Position? (Update) - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
Quote:
Earlier, Marshall offered some simple positive words for the stock. In a fuller note later in the morning, he has elaborated upon his thoughts, posing the unthinkable: “[Apple COO] Tim Cook’s Third time at the helm might be permanent.”
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I was reading one of the comments, and came up to one that stated something about Cook introducing the iPad2 and his new CEO position, as well as a new production plant in the US/Canada. I think a new plant here in the North American market would be awesome!

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

I don't see Cook being the type to do the keynote speeches. I think Someone like Schiller would do them. But yeah if Cook does become CEO and Schiller becomes the Keynote man I would not be surprised at all. And I think this is good. Then it will get into people's minds that Apple is not just one man. Cause today, Steve does the keynotes, Steve does all the public and enterprise negotiations etc etc. Anything with a public face and Steve is there. I'd like to see the public face of Apple not to be the CEO.

As in Cook as the CEO and Schiller as the public face of Apple. And others like Forstall and Mansfield can come on stage from time to time to talk about their products. And Ive would just tinker away putting his genius to work. I don't see Ive as CEO or keynote speech material.

I dunno about the new production plant in the US though. But Apple has had a land grab of recent. And I think it's only time before they tell us what the land is for.

Can't wait for the puns to start rolling in if this is true.
"Apple will Cook up a storm with their next product"
"What will Apple Cook up next"
etc etc
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Listening to "business" types trying to predict Apple's future is always a good source of laughs.

I think Steve will be back -- but I actually do kind of wish he'd put in another year or two and then retire, maintaining a presence on the board and consulting but basically out of the picture and onto something else (as Bill Gates has done).

Which is not to say Tim Cook can't do the job -- though I think Schiller and Forstall would handle most of the PR in Steve's absence -- he most certainly can, but Cook is just part of a team (which I think he himself knows well). It would never work for long with ONLY Tim Cook, but the combination they've got there is sheer dynamite (seriously, some HUGE brains in that executive team). If they continue to play as a team post-Steve, they could easily maintain -- even surpass -- what Apple has accomplished.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple on iPad competition: Windows is 'big and heavy,' next-gen Android tablets are s | Overseas manufacturers earn holiday triple pay to meet Apple's schedule »