Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"
    Steve Jobs taking leave of absence
    Don't believe anything I tell you, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    He is not a healthy man it's true. And I'm sure he's taking the time off when he's not needed too much. I'd rather him take the time off and be healthy. WOnder if the investors will see the same. Cause if steve coughs the share price goes down.

DSteve Jobs,Medical leave
    history tells me this is not good...keep your fingers crossed!

sorry can someone fix title?
    www.idadgraphics.com
    I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
    thank you MacForums and all it's members

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Merged duplicate threads
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Merged duplicate threads
    Beat me to it.

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    I can't help but think his schedule for the past year has no doubt been exhaustive the man
    is always thinking of whats next and hope for a speedy recovery.

Specs:
    As much as I hope that Steve recovers quickly, I don't think this bodes well. Particularly so shortly after his last leave.

Cancer (in general) is tricky, and seldom do survivors walk away without ever encountering problems down the road. As much as I respect his right to privacy, and as much as I think his being at the helm is positive for Apple, he is definitely doing the investor community a disservice by maintaining the role of CEO.

If he believes in Tim Cook as much as he says he does, I think he should take an advisory role (much like Bill Gates did in later years) and step down as the CEO. This latest leave will surely mean a roller coaster ride for the stock, and speculation will be rampant. If Steve truly values his privacy, I think it's time for him to transition away from the CEO role.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    If Steve truly values his privacy, I think it's time for him to transition away from the CEO role.
    As much as I don't want this, maybe it's time. Steve should still make his presence felt at meetings but just less than now. And let all the senior VP's do the work. And yeah the shares would tank when that happens. But if it's a slow enough transition the share loss would be minimised a lot.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
    As much as I don't want this, maybe it's time. Steve should still make his presence felt at meetings but just less than now. And let all the senior VP's do the work. And yeah the shares would tank when that happens. But if it's a slow enough transition the share loss would be minimised a lot.
    Yeah, the problem is the stock is going to be unstable as long as investors aren't confident in management or the succession strategy. So, rather than taking a series of hits and the stock fluctuating wildly each time - just get it over with. Steve steps down but goes into an advisory role, naming his successor as Tim Cook. This way, he can go on leave whenever he wants to and doesn't owe anyone an explanation - and then there's no change in the leadership and nothing for investors to fret over.

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    If steve leaves now, the stock will plummet! Losing the worlds best CEO has that effect. I would rather have him as CEO right now than bring someone who might not be ready. If I were the CEO of Apple, I would hold on the the CEO position until stocks exceeded $400, so that they can have a nice split, then I would pass the torch. To me, it seems like Jobs has been training Cook real well for that day.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
    Godspeed Steve . . . Hope all gets better for ya mate ....

On this announcement, i cant really see anything like "the beatles are here" happening anytime soon. But then again if your sick your sick and you need to go......
    Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Specs:
    Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
    If steve leaves now, the stock will plummet! Losing the worlds best CEO has that effect. I would rather have him as CEO right now than bring someone who might not be ready. If I were the CEO of Apple, I would hold on the the CEO position until stocks exceeded $400, so that they can have a nice split, then I would pass the torch. To me, it seems like Jobs has been training Cook real well for that day.
    I've been curious about this, myself. We don't know how sick Jobs is, so I hate to say it's time to "hang up his boots." But if he hasn't already, perhaps it's time that he's started grooming a successor, preparing to pass the torch, or should the unthinkable happen, allow for it to be thrust upon an heir.

I'm particularly curious, if/when Jobs is no longer CEO, how the company would be handled. Would they still innovate the way they do now, or would they move to a model of sacrificing innovation and reliability for a higher market share and profit margin.
    "That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"

Forgetting about stocks and the future of Apple personally, as a fellow human I just hope he gets well soon!
    Late 2010 iMac 27 inch  2.93GHz i7 16GB RAM 2TB HDD
    2011 Macbook Pro 17 inch Glossy  2.3GHz Quad-core i7 8GB RAM 750GB HDD

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    I agree with the assessment that Jobs should pass the torch on to Cook, and should do it right now while taking an advisory role. This would enable Jobs to supervise Cook in the background while he's still healthy enough to keep enough focus on what he thinks is going right or wrong. The more he allows Cook to stay at the helm, the better things will be if Steve ultimately gives up the reigns at a later date due to whatever circumstances happen to arise.

This also gives investors and the board ample time to make whatever decisions they need to make without causing a panic.

Doug

Specs:
    Imac 27" Retina 3.3GHz, 512GB Flash, 16GB memory, OS X.11.4.
    Bad bad news as the form of cancer, pancreatic, he suffered from is particularly lethal!
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information