New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Microsoft clones Apple Magic Mouse and it only took them 20 months!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Yesterday Microsoft announced their new Touch Mouse which will be available - not immediately, of course, - in June 2011 for the estimated retail price of $79.95
A nice comment.
Quote:
Okay guys, cool down. This is not a rip-off of the Magic Mouse. There are very substantial differences:

1. It is black.
2. The sides are bowed.
3. It uses up a USB port.
4. There is no Apple logo.
Yes that's right. The MS mouse is not direct bluetooth. You need a little wireless USB stick in your computers USB slot for the MS mouse to communicate with.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

Brilliant!

In 2002 was using that but it was called a D-Link USB Dongle for wireless mouse and keyboard.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

That's just another one of M$FT's sad jokes.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
safarisurfer

safarisurfer will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 13 inch 2012 Air

They are just begging to get sued. Thats when you know a company has to much money when they stop caring about patents.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Quote:
At the 2011 International Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Microsoft Corp. unveiled the Touch Mouse, a new multitouch device designed for Windows 7 that lets people click, flick, scroll and swipe, making it easy and fun to interact with their PCs.
And if this is new *shakes head* They are making it sound as if this is the 1st such device to do things like this LOL

And then this .... Who are they trying to fool ???

Quote:
For more than 28 years, the Hardware Group has employed innovative engineering, cutting-edge industrial design and extensive usability testing to create products of exceptional quality and durability that enhance the software experience and strengthen the connection between consumers and their PC.
How can it be innovative engineering when it follows the same route as the Magic Mouse ??? Notice i didnt say they copied Apple but Dang its bloody well close to it

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
"Can't innovate any more, my ***" Phil Schiller
QUOTE Thanks
wavinwayne

wavinwayne has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Late '09 Macbook Pro 13"

Will the Magic Mouse work on a Windows PC? If not, I will seriously consider buying the "new" MS touch mouse for my office PC when MS releases it.

Don't believe anything I tell you, unless it is consistent with what you already know to be true, or unless you have taken the time to research the matter to prove its accuracy to your satisfaction. This is known as "doing your homework."
QUOTE Thanks
ovbg

ovbg is on a distinguished road

Well, it can only be good for Apple as it may inspire them to upgrade their Magic Mouse. I am still waiting for native pitch and zoom support.

The Magic Mouse still looks better than the new Microsoft one though.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safarisurfer View Post
They are just begging to get sued. Thats when you know a company has to much money when they stop caring about patents.
Doubtful, it's not Bluetooth, so not a direct copy, and besides, as Harry said, it's been done to a great extent anyway.
Hopeless they are.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
ezcompane

ezcompane will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavinwayne View Post
Will the Magic Mouse work on a Windows PC? If not, I will seriously consider buying the "new" MS touch mouse for my office PC when MS releases it.
I haven't tried it, but I would imagine that it would work so long as the Windows PC supported bluetooth.

~~This is just funny. When Apple comes out with something like this first, the haters resort to name calling and say that the product is "trendy." When MS rips this idea off, and claims it as their own---nobody seems to care??

LIVE and PSN: EZCOMPANE
2008 MacBook Pro (2.5ghz C2D,6gb,80 SSD, 500 GB), iPad 32GB, iPhone 4 16gb, 2011 MacBook Air (11" 1.87 i7, 4GB, 128GB) 2010 MacBook Air (13" 1.86 C2D, 4gb, 128gb), Boxee, Netgear Stora
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavinwayne View Post
In short no. Magic Mouse requires Mac computer and OS X.5.8 or later.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
CreativeGuy

CreativeGuy has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4

I hate to admit it, but MS makes SUPERB keyboards and mice (about the only thing they do right!). From the images on Amazon, it already looks more ergonomic than Apple's Might Mouse - which is an ergonomic train wreck. If it tracks smoothly and accurately, I'm going to pray they make an OS X driver for it so I can switch.

The Graphic Mac - Tips, tricks, tutorials and commentary on all things Mac and graphics software.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Both on 10.9.2 ~ iPhone5 iOS 7.1 ~ iPad Mini 7.1 ~ ATV2 6.0.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeGuy View Post
Apple's Might Mouse - which is an ergonomic train wreck.

This i agree with whole heartedly . . . . For me personally anyway. I have big man hands and i have trouble gripping it then trying to use the touch/swipe methods just dont cut it for me. I found my hand cramped, trying to hold it in a way i could use the features on it. Reason i havnt purchased one yet .....

Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
technologist

technologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond reputetechnologist has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattooedMac View Post
...i have trouble gripping it then trying to use the touch/swipe methods just dont cut it for me. I found my hand cramped, trying to hold it in a way i could use the features on it.
Well, yeah. You're not supposed to grip it at the same time that you're swiping on it.
QUOTE Thanks
ZachUSAman

ZachUSAman is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 3.4ghz quad core ati 5850 graphics card 4GB ddr3 ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeGuy View Post
I hate to admit it, but MS makes SUPERB keyboards and mice
truth to this.. my emachine keyboard (from like 2004) is still the keyboard I use today, and its been through a lot and the only damage is a bit of wear on the WASD keys due to gaming.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by technologist View Post
Well, yeah. You're not supposed to grip it at the same time that you're swiping on it.
I understand that, as i was trying to make the point it isnt for me. It doesnt feel right in my hand.
Its not a biggie and if i get myself a iMac/Mac Mini in the future where im always at a desk, ill give it another go. But as it stands the ergonomic feel to it isnt for me . . . .

I find the height of it the problem for me ........

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iWeb11 surprise! | Apple’s App Store Takes Adobe to the Woodshed »