New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

New Macbook Air Rumours

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Possible redesigned MacBook Air photos surface
AppleInsider | Possible redesigned MacBook Air photos surface - rumor
Quote:
Pictures of a possible MacBook Air prototype with no hard drive and extra battery space have surfaced ahead of Apple's Oct. 20 "Back to the Mac" event.
More details surface on Apple's next-generation MacBook Airs
AppleInsider | More details surface on Apple's next-generation MacBook Airs
Quote:
A few more alleged details on Apple's forthcoming revamp of the MacBook Air line continue to trickle in, with one data point likely providing an explanation for the photo of a unreleased 13.3-inch MacBook Air design that surfaced overnight.
Early next-gen MacBook Air may have surfaced in photo | Electronista

New tip has MacBook Air due in 11- and 13-inch sizes | Electronista
QUOTE Thanks
thanxal

thanxal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac 3.06; 24" iMac 3.06; MBP 15 i7; 13" Macbook 2.4; 32gb iPodTouch; iMac G4; PowerMac G3&G4

I am totally geeked about a possible 11.6" Macbook Air. I love my Pro and would take it anytime I needed heavy computing, but for short family trips, conferences and long plane rides, it would be totally awesome. I find the iPad too limited. I am a writer and need a full laptop to write on even short trips. I hope the rumors are close to true. Perfect MBA would be 11ish inches, 4gb ram, 256 or 512 gb SSD, 9-10hr battery. I'd be in line for it.

Switchers are the most religious of Mac fans.
QUOTE Thanks
bargsbeer

bargsbeer is a jewel in the roughbargsbeer is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO

A note to Endgadget if you have a possible Apple prototype, You might want to blur out the serial number.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBookAir5,2:10.9.4-MacMini3,1:10.9.4-iPhone6,1:7.1.2

I'd be very interested in seeing how the 11" version plays out, assuming it runs full OS X and isn't a limited OS-lite gadget. The 2 USB ports give me hope that it is an OS X computer, as Apple doesn't seem to like usable USB on it's OS-lite gadgets. 11" would be great for work and less irritating than schlepping a 15" MBP along with a Lenovo in my backpack. Still, no OS X, no sale here.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Update: New MacBook Air and Revolutionary Mac OS X Feature on Wednesday

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

new update: More Claimed MacBook Air Specs

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
ad2MAC

ad2MAC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
I am totally geeked about a possible 11.6" Macbook Air. ... I find the iPad too limited ... I hope the rumors are close to true. Perfect MBA would be 11ish inches, 4gb ram, 256 or 512 gb SSD, 9-10hr battery. I'd be in line for it.
Me too, but since I don't really need a new machine now I must resist!

Macbook - White, 2.2 Ghz Intel Duo Core, 120 Gb, 1.5 gb RAM.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

XJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond reputeXJ-linux has a reputation beyond repute

Man, they had me right up until the hard limit of 2GB RAM.

"Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." – Henry Spencer
QUOTE Thanks
Mac Masta

Mac Masta is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iMac 21.5 inch nvidia 6gb ram, 13 in MacBook pro 320gb 4 gb ram, iPad 16 gb 3G, iPhone 4 Verizon 16g

Exactly. I would even be happier with 3gb of ram.
QUOTE Thanks
XJ-linux

Well, maybe the price of refurbs will drop on Apple's store. I'd be happy with that. Though for $1k, I might overlook the 2GB RAM since that's what the old one had anyhow.

QUOTE Thanks
troybakerpm

troybakerpm is on a distinguished road

this is sounding awesome, im an apple lover. the do magic. hope the one to come provides more than expected.
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by troybakerpm View Post
this is sounding awesome, im an apple lover. the do magic. hope the one to come provides more than expected.
My thoughts exactly!
QUOTE Thanks
JohnCL

JohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of lightJohnCL is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: -->

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
You can add up to 4gb.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
From what I read XJ, you can order it with up to 4GB RAM. I am sure the price is not $999 though!

Also a note, you can add the ram as an option at purchase but not later as it's soldered to the Logicboard.

EDIT: OUCH! $100 more for 4GB!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Also a note, you can add the ram as an option at purchase but not later as it's soldered to the Logicboard.

EDIT: OUCH! $100 more for 4GB!
They've figured out that people like us are advising people to upgrade their own RAM!

I've never been a fan of the MBA - didn't think it was worth getting those specs for that price (don't care about the size). I see why some people may appreciate it but this event has not been able to change my opinion on them. To be fair though, I wasn't really looking for them to convert me.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Did Apple Get the Keys to Google’s Kingdom (and a Few Others As Well)? | Apple in negotiations to purchase streaming service Spotify - Rumour »