Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

An article in Information Week speculates that the Macbook Pros could be outfitted with hybrid hard disk drives utilizing an SSD and an HDD. Looking forward to 10/20 to see what's coming!

Apple's 'Back To The Mac' Announcement Speculation Rife -- InformationWeek

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by the8thark View Post

And to cwa107:
    The keyboard/mouse or stylus is superior at the moment. I agree. But who knows what the future can bring.
    Think about it this way.... before the advent of computers, what did people use to create content?

Pens, typewriters, stencils, etc. Very few people created anything with finger paint. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Yes, touch-based computing has its place, but it's a novelty for the most part. When people get down to business, they use keyboards, mice and other human interface devices that are mostly an evolution of the devices we used prior to the 'digital age'.

My personal belief is that eventually computers will become very iPad like. That is, you will own one device and many different kinds of docks that change the user experience. When used as a standalone portable device, your computer will look and feel very much like an iPad today. It will scale back the UI to work well with touch. The hardware will adapt to produce less heat and be more power efficient. When you get home or into the office, you'll dock it and interact with a keyboard and pointing device. You may also have a cradle that expands the device further into a laptop type of formfactor. In each case, the hub morphs in an appropriate way based on how you want to work with it.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    My personal belief is that eventually computers will become very iPad like. That is, you will own one device and many different kinds of docks that change the user experience. When used as a standalone portable device, your computer will look and feel very much like an iPad today. It will scale back the UI to work well with touch. The hardware will adapt to produce less heat and be more power efficient. When you get home or into the office, you'll dock it and interact with a keyboard and pointing device. You may also have a cradle that expands the device further into a laptop type of formfactor. In each case, the hub morphs in an appropriate way based on how you want to work with it.
    I completely agree with this.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    I completely agree with this.
    As do I. And it sounds freakin' sweet, too!
    "That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    cwa hit the nail on the head with finger paint so maybe more stylus input along with conventional and finger input why not have it all.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Wasn't this thread about the upcoming Apple media event? ...or was it "the possibility of touch screen iMac"? j/k
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Wasn't this thread about the upcoming Apple media event? ...or was it "the possibility of touch screen iMac"? j/k
    My thoughts exactly.
     iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.3
     iPhone 6 64GB - iOS 9.3
     Mac mini early 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4
     MacBook unibody/white late 2009 - OS X El Capitan 10.11.4

Specs:
    17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    Think about it this way.... before the advent of computers, what did people use to create content?

Pens, typewriters, stencils, etc. Very few people created anything with finger paint. I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    The aboriginal people in Australia used their fingers to paint stories on the rock walls for thousands of years. And it served them well. Their culture and stories have been going along a lot longer then our modern culture has. Just one example, I'm sure there is many.

But I do have to say your idea of the ipad becoming the goto hub for your tech infused life is really spot on. I kinda had a similar idea in another topic but how you said just makes a lot of sense. And I think that's what we all want. Each of the different UI methods would exist and would be used at the right time.

And back on topic I really think this event will focus on 2 things:

1. The new ilife
    2. The next OS. (The official media invite even talked about this in a round about way). And I think this OS will make big use of face time. I think it'll even replace ichat. Or make it more facetime chat.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Does anyone else think of the SNL skit about that show Rock of Love that Brett Michaels had whenever they hear "facetime"? This one chick kept saying she wanted to get "face time" with Brett. And she would say it all intense-like "Face time!"
    Sorry, but I always hear her voice when someone says or types that. *sigh*
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MYmacROX View Post
    Considering no one knows for sure what the event is about, it could be about a lot of things.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

What time is the event in england, GMT?

Specs:
    4.1 Mac Pro. 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. PM G5. iPhone 6S+ 64gb Gold. Apple Watch 42mm.
    I believe part of the reason most people cringe at the thought of a touch pc is due to so many of the past one being absolute crap. I don't think apple intends to release crap like anything that has ever been brought out before. I also think pc's will one day have a partner, like a a future ipad, where you can have your computer on the go. Or at least that's what I expect...the computer industry hasn't really moved much.
    “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius

Specs:
    Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClungeHead View Post
    What time is the event in england, GMT?
    I believe you are 8 hours ahead of us here in California (PST), so that would be 6 PM (18:00) your time.

I can't wait to see Lion's new features, but I doubt that we'll be able to get our hands on them anytime this year. Remember, leopard was announced about a year before it was available. Apple will probably make the availability date "Summer 2011" or something like that. They wouldn't launch a new OS without extensive developer beta testing.

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlike View Post
    I believe you are 8 hours ahead of us here in California (PST), so that would be 6 PM (18:00) your time.
    It's actually 7 hours since Cali is on Daylight Savings time right now....

Thread Information