New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple to hold media event on 10/20

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gern Blanston View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a speed bump for the Core i7 Macbook Pros with USB 3.
I wouldn't hold your breath for USB 3.0. Even if Intel finally starts implementing it, I don't expect Apple to be an early adopter. It seems like they are throwing their weight behind Light Peak, which fits in with their design ethos.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I'm going to go on a little rant about apple right now. This media event, with that very revealing picture, is just even more filling on the cake. It's like Apple keeps on pounding a nail that is already nailed flush. They are selling iphones, ipods, and ipads like crazy. Their stocks are at a record high. There is an expected new carrier coming soon, along with a new device, and a couple refreshes. Plus this new OS10.7 'Lion'.
Ladies and germs, now is the time to stock up on them stocks!

This is very exciting news to me.

Also, if it is called Lion, do you think there is a reason for that, since the Lion is...top of the chain?
I do like Lynx though...Sabretooth...oh yeahhh....

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Ecgţeow

Ecgţeow is on a distinguished road

I thought they already used a lion
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrinorbarsaku View Post
I'm going to go on a little rant about apple right now. This media event, with that very revealing picture, is just even more filling on the cake. It's like Apple keeps on pounding a nail that is already nailed flush. They are selling iphones, ipods, and ipads like crazy. Their stocks are at a record high. There is an expected new carrier coming soon, along with a new device, and a couple refreshes. Plus this new OS10.7 'Lion'.
Ladies and germs, now is the time to stock up on them stocks!
It seems Apple is not happy with killing the competition. Apple want to bury the competition under 10 metres of Earth too and make sure they never surface.

I do have to say the one thing Apple do better than anyone else is this:

I own an Apple product or service and I'm ok with it. But Apple make a new one and even if it's only 1% better then last year's model Apple make it sound like it's so awesome and I need it. Do I really need it? No. But Apple make me think I do. And Apple get more sales.

On the other hand I see other companies product launches and I'm like "meh it's alright or meh maybe I could find a use for that". The whole idea of "your life is incomplete without this new feature which will improve your life this way" is something only Apple does very well.

And I'm sure they'll make 10.7 sound so brilliant that we'll all have to get it.

One thing though. I really they don't cut out C2D support. I'd be sad if they did that with 10.7 A lot of people don't yet have i-series computers. I know I don't.
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I don't think it is so much about killing the competition as it is to keep innovating and not
follow their competitors habits of long periods of time before something new comes about.
QUOTE Thanks
Chris H.

Chris H. is a jewel in the roughChris H. is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: late 2009 MacBook - 10.9

These last couple years- I've always predicted 10.7 would be Lion. Funny how it rolls off the tongue a little…I'm so giddy!

 iPad mini 1st gen - iOS 8.0
 iPod touch 5th gen - iOS 8.0
 Mac mini Server M10 - OS X 10.9.4
 MacBook Uni L09 - OS X 10.10 PB3
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
I own an Apple product or service and I'm ok with it. But Apple make a new one and even if it's only 1% better then last year's model Apple make it sound like it's so awesome and I need it. Do I really need it? No. But Apple make me think I do. And Apple get more sales.
This is one thing that not even the Apple haters can deny: the impressive ability of the Apple marketing team to market their products. I can't think of many other companies that have the same level of persuasive marketing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
One thing though. I really they don't cut out C2D support. I'd be sad if they did that with 10.7 A lot of people don't yet have i-series computers. I know I don't.
Don't worry, that won't happen. They wouldn't cut support for a line of processors that they are still selling. Even if the next iteration of OS X was released after they discontinued the C2D, there would be too many C2D machines capable of running intensive software to neglect that market.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Gern Blanston

Gern Blanston is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxx View Post
I don't think it is so much about killing the competition as it is to keep innovating and not
follow their competitors habits of long periods of time before something new comes about.
They must follow the slogan of Specialized Bicycles:"Innovate or Die".
QUOTE Thanks
booree

booree can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: MBPr 2013 15" i7 2.7 16GB 500f /24" Cinema Disp /iP 4S /Mag.Mouse&Trackp/ aTV2 / ModBookC2D

If you have a look at Apples update calendar it appears there should be also an update for the MacBook Pros .. <every 8 -10 months> (13" and maybe some small upgrades for 15" & 17" ) and ... all the rumours around point for Macbook Air update.

The MacBook Air will probably get smaller screen and the new processor

MBP 13" i3 & and even i5 option

MBP 15" & 17" I think 750GB HDD (because the 1 TB discs want fit to the MBP unibody - too high), new nvidia cards and maybe Blue-Ray drives at last.
QUOTE Thanks
bittenapple

bittenapple is on a distinguished road

I think I am the only person who has this theory but I think Apple will reveal OS 11 Lion. Why I think this? Because Just as Tiger and Leopard are two different species, Lion is another. Why would they use up a different species of the cat family in a .7 updated? I think this will be a preview for the OS update that will come with the touch screen macs next year. This may be a far fetched but I dunno lol.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. Galaxy Note 3

I just now am starting to read the rumors stating that the gray device shown with the apple cut-out is a touch pad...suggesting the future of touch enabled macs.

“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” Marcus Aurelius
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittenapple View Post
I think I am the only person who has this theory but I think Apple will reveal OS 11 Lion. Why I think this? Because Just as Tiger and Leopard are two different species, Lion is another. Why would they use up a different species of the cat family in a .7 updated? I think this will be a preview for the OS update that will come with the touch screen macs next year. This may be a far fetched but I dunno lol.
That makes no sense. Tiger was 10.4. Leopard 10.5. Snow Leopard 10.6. Why would they jump to 11.0 just because the Lion isn't a Tiger or Leopard? By that logic, they may as well have done it with Snow Leopard. The lion is still a big cat, and they are running out of big cat species. 11.0 will probably start over with dogs… 11.0 "Doberman". Or snakes. I like it. Snakes. Mac OS XI Copperhead.

And fer the luv of Dog… Apple is not gonna make a stupid touchscreen Mac!!!!!! It's a stupid dumb bad idea. Touchscreen is well suited to handheld devices… NOT desktop displays. Doubt me? Spend 15 minutes pretending your screen is a touchscreen one. Enjoy your gorilla arm syndrome.

And yes… I know Apple has a patent for an iMac that "morphs" downward into a position for use as a touchscreen. They also have a patent for a click-wheel iPhone, styled after the iPod, and we all know THAT will never happen.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
That makes no sense. Tiger was 10.4. Leopard 10.5. Snow Leopard 10.6. Why would they jump to 11.0 just because the Lion isn't a Tiger or Leopard? By that logic, they may as well have done it with Snow Leopard. The lion is still a big cat, and they are running out of big cat species. 11.0 will probably start over with dogs… 11.0 "Doberman". Or snakes. I like it. Snakes. Mac OS XI Copperhead...
I loled a little inside.

Mac OS XI 11.0 CottonMouth
Mac OS XI 11.1 CopperHead
Mac OS XI 11.2 California Mountain Snake
Mac OS XI 11.3 Sidewinder
Mac OS XI 11.4 Black Mamba

You heard it heard first.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

This thread has degenerated to the absurd.

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoon View Post
It would be nice if Apple had "Official Partners" that could sell "Official Hackintosh", offering a budget clone-Apple, instead of being so territorial. More luv, less grudge. ;-)
They did that once. The results were less than optimal for Apple. They are still a hardware company underneath. Bottom line is, it's their garden but it's your choice.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Band performs with iPhones after instruments stolen | Apple stores teeming with germs »