Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It was predictable, I thought it would either be Lion or Lynx or something.
    Prehaps they should skip from 10.7 through to OS XI in a year or so

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClungeHead View Post
    It was predictable, I thought it would either be Lion or Lynx or something.
    Prehaps they should skip from 10.7 through to OS XI in a year or so
    Well, they still have 3 more hundreths to go before XI. I have a feeling OS X will eventually be renamed as a variant of iOS (and since iOS is based on OS X, it will likely be more of a rebranding than anything else).
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

OSX Ape xD

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetCosmicPope View Post
    I hope it's lion, but I sure hate it's in the holiday season. I have too many xmas presents to buy! If 10.7 comes out before xmas, I'll have to wait until January to upgrade.
    I don't think you have any worries there. Every OS X gestation period has been longer than 18 months in recent versions. You can bet that any release is easily a year off.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

Specs:
    NOTE: Merged redundant threads.

Specs:
    Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    I don't think you have any worries there. Every OS X gestation period has been longer than 18 months in recent versions. You can bet that any release is easily a year off.
    I'm fairly new to the mac announcements. First started following all this junk, except what shows up in mainstream news (new ipods and what-not), around November of last year. You suppose they would make an OS announcement that early before a release?

I know at least with their gadgets, they'll make an announcement and it's available within the month.
    "That's Peter Graves scat! I'd know it anywhere!"

Specs:
    I'm fairly new to the mac announcements. First started following all this junk, except what shows up in mainstream news (new ipods and what-not), around November of last year. You suppose they would make an OS announcement that early before a release?

I know at least with their gadgets, they'll make an announcement and it's available within the month.
    As I recall, Leopard was announced initially and subsequently demoed a full year before release. Snow Leopard was announced in January and released the following October (as I recall). So if they're true to form, it will be quite awhile before the final product is fully baked.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    I think we'll have a better understanding of how far away it is after the event just based on what Apple tells us will be part of the new release.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by cwa107 View Post
    As I recall, Leopard was announced initially and subsequently demoed a full year before release. Snow Leopard was announced in January and released the following October (as I recall). So if they're true to form, it will be quite awhile before the final product is fully baked.
    You are correct, sir.
    I was just going to point out the quote from engadget regarding time frames of OSX releases.

If you think it's too early for 10.7, don't worry -- last time we did this dance, the company previewed Snow Leopard about a year before it hit your screens.
    Highly unlikely "Lion" will be interfering with anyone's Holiday shopping this year.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    One things for certain the answers to some of the questions will be answered the 20th and
    it looks as though things are moving along faster than in the past if the upgrades in the mobile line are any indication.

Specs:
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    Every time Apple announces a new OS they put in new features that I didn't even know I needed.
    I wonder what it is gonna be this time…
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
    I hope it's lion, but I sure hate it's in the holiday season. I have too many xmas presents to buy! If 10.7 comes out before xmas, I'll have to wait until January to upgrade.
    I doubt it will come out then... Snow Leopard did just come out in August 09, after all. Falling in line with previous OS X releases like Tiger and Leopard, usually Steve shows a pretty little demo and then targets a june release. We'll see.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    It won't be coming out at Christmas. OS X 10.7 is, my guess, a year out at a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by XJ-linux View Post
    Thank goodness. I was wondering if they cared about non-iOS development anymore.
    +1. It sure does seem that they've neglected the PC side of business (I mean PC in the literal sense).
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac

Yea, for sure. After all, we're only on 10.6.4 right now, anyway. Tiger went through 10.4.11, Leopard went to 10.5.8 before 10.6 came out...

Also, remember Longhorn? 2003 announcement/media leak. Turned into Vista... 2006 release. A year prior to launch is a great time to show off some of the neat tricks you're working on.

I wouldn't mind seeing a speed bump for the Core i7 Macbook Pros with USB 3.

Thread Information