Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    Apple confirms SIM-free iPhones are truly unlocked UK,France and Canada
    Apple this afternoon confirmed that the SIM-free iPhones the company is selling via its stores in the UK, France and Canada are being sold truly unlocked and can be used with your choice of provider, including providers outside of the country in which your iPhone is purchased.

UK, France, Canada! Apple Confirms Unlocked SIM-Free iPhones - Google Search

UK, France, Canada! Apple Confirms Unlocked SIM-Free iPhones

Still no factory unlocked iPhones in the U.S.

below is the pricing
    £499 (16GB), and £599 (32GB) UK

€629 (16GB) or €739 (32GB) France

$649 (16GB) or $749 (32GB) Canada

Specs:
    15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
    It's hardly surprising that they'd allow this outside of the U.S. seeing as how most people in EU carry more than one phone with a different carrier on each. Just how things are here. You of course can get a contract and a subsidized phone, but the policies are far less rigid. I'll miss that when I get back to NY in August.

Doug

This is very good news. Looking at the contracts in the UK vs buying the iPhone outright, it is a much better move to by the iPhone unlocked. That way you will be able to get the best deal on a network seeing as they are cracking down on so called "unlimited" contracts.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    I seriously doubt that we will ever see a factory unlocked iPhone in the U.S.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

There's just little point to an unlocked iPhone in the US. Contract or no contract, your AT&T fees won't change and your only altenative is T-Mobile, on which you'd be hobbled in being limited to their EDGE network. May as well just buy it under contract and save some upfront money.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    There's just little point to an unlocked iPhone in the US. Contract or no contract, your AT&T fees won't change and your only altenative is T-Mobile, on which you'd be hobbled in being limited to their EDGE network. May as well just buy it under contract and save some upfront money.
    Exactly what I was thinking. No GSM competition to speak of in the U.S.
    Now, IF Apple ever creates a CDMA iPhone... well, then there's at least 2 carriers we could choose from and you can bet AT&T would lose A LOT of customers then.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
    Theoretically the iPhone 4 could use T-mo's 3G network, the new version of the phone can support the 2100mhz spectrum they use for 3G.

I predict we'll see an official iPhone on T-mo by end of 2010 or early 2011 at the latest, well before Verizon or Sprint get the iPhone.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    Theoretically the iPhone 4 could use T-mo's 3G network, the new version of the phone can support the 2100mhz spectrum they use for 3G.

I predict we'll see an official iPhone on T-mo by end of 2010 or early 2011 at the latest, well before Verizon or Sprint get the iPhone.
    The problem there is that Tmobile uses 1700Mhz/2100Mhz spectrum,Which is an odd frequency, I agree hopefully we'll see a Tmobile version until then unlocking them will have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post

Oh REALLY? Hmmm… that's very interesting. No one else in the world is using that spectrum, right? That alone is danging evidence that T-Mobile will be getting it shortly.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    13" MBP, 3GS & iPhone4 Factory Unlocked.
    does this mean canada will get the new iphone 4 as a factory unlocked?
    ZUBAIR

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEEK View Post
    does this mean canada will get the new iphone 4 as a factory unlocked?
    Did you see the first post?

Specs:
    oh sorry i didnt know there was a law on this forum that you have to FULLY understand the FIRST post? If my post took so much of bandwidth and gigs on this site then i guess feel free to delete it.
    ZUBAIR

Specs:
    oh sorry i didnt know there was a law on this forum that you have to FULLY understand the FIRST post? If my post took so much of bandwidth and gigs on this site then i guess feel free to delete it.
    No, just the first post directly answered the question you asked later. It's actually even answered in the title of this very thread.

You asked: "does this mean canada will get the new iphone 4 as a factory unlocked?"
    The thread title says: "Apple confirms SIM-free iPhones are truly unlocked UK,France and Canada"

Not sure where the confusion is, it's a pretty clear title.

Also right from the first post:
    "Apple this afternoon confirmed that the SIM-free iPhones the company is selling via its stores in the UK, France and Canada are being sold truly unlocked and can be used with your choice of provider, including providers outside of the country in which your iPhone is purchased."

Does any of that not answer your question?

Specs:
    right that does make sense but when i asked the question i was at work and just skimmed through the post, I could not read the whole thing. It seemed too good to be true, buying factory unlocked iphones from canada? that makes me want to do back flips. Anyhow, i dont think it hurts to confirm something which has been said before.
    ZUBAIR

right that does make sense but when i asked the question i was at work and just skimmed through the post, I could not read the whole thing. It seemed too good to be true, buying factory unlocked iphones from canada? that makes me want to do back flips. Anyhow, i dont think it hurts to confirm something which has been said before.
    So because you were in a hurry and couldn't bother yourself to read the details, which included a source of the information for "confirmation", you want others to take time out of their day to re-state what was already clearly stated?

Face… meet palm. *sigh*

------
    ------

Thread Information