New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Watch the KEYNOTE everybody!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

In the keynote Mr. Jobbs releases information stating that all versions of mac os 10 has been created for both power pc and intell processors, He even has a computer running an intel proccessor at the keynote and uses it the whole time! He explains himself very well, and I can see now why they are moving to intel proccessors. So everybody, go to apple.com and watch the keynote.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

regular pc's should not be able to run os x though just to clarify...but good suggestion that everybody should go watch it!!

-chris

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

yeah regular pcs should be able to run osx but some things might not be the same with all the hardware so there may be driver complications
QUOTE Thanks
iMe

Either way, us AMD owners wont be able to run OS X....ok, I'll stop crying now neye:
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMe
Either way, us AMD owners wont be able to run OS X....ok, I'll stop crying now neye:
just stick with the mac, it seams like they are going to do a wonderful job with it. I am staying mac even if I can get mac osX to work on my pcs.
QUOTE Thanks
swanny338

Well, from what I know, Mac OS X will not be able to run on anything but Apple's... DRM is going to be built directly into the chips and DRM will be linked to a specific OS
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

yeah.. I am not really planning on installing os 10 on my pc's... although I bet it will be hacked to go on all x86 proccessors. Not that I am going to install it my x86 processors.

So what is going to be upgraded first? The powermac? Powerbook? Mac Mini?
I think it could be the powermac since they are already starting to give those out to developers, but the powerbook needs a change in proccessors and the pentium 4m is doing well in pc laptops.
QUOTE Thanks
MadSkillzMan

MadSkillzMan is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dual G5 powermac

they claim theyre supporting PPC for quite some time. Lets hope that isnt just 2 years. Illl quit complaining if theyll keep us G5 owners up to date for a good 5 years to come.

new vid 8/8/05
QUOTE Thanks
iMe

My guess is that the Mac Mini, iBook, eMac, and PowerBook will be first since their long due for updates...It Should be around 1-2 years. Then the iMac, and PowerMacs will be last. So in reality, G5 owners will have around 3-4 years before upgrading, while G4 owners could only have 1-2/possibly 3 years left.

Just my theory
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

I was all in a huge raving rant when I first heard of Apple's switch, but after the keynote speach, I'm really excited! And, I'm really lookin forward to see what leopard will bring!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs2sensen
I was all in a huge raving rant when I first heard of Apple's switch, but after the keynote speach, I'm really excited! And, I'm really lookin forward to see what leopard will bring!
I second that.
QUOTE Thanks
prostuff1

prostuff1 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)

i was dissapointed when i first heard of the switch, but like some other people have done i went to the apple website and watched the keynote. As much as i would like to to be able to install OSX on "any old" x86 peecee i WILL NOT. I believe that apple will continue to stricktly control the hardware that OSX will run on and i think that is a good thing. I can't wait to see what comes from this move to x86.

I am not "up to date" with all the intel stuff so i have a couple questions. Is the a 64 bit processor by intel now?? ( i think the is not but i am not for certain)

I see apple updating the mini, ibook, and eMac first. Then the Powerbook, iMac, and Powermac.

I think they will do the lower cost ones first so that intel has time to develope a good 64 bit processor for the iMac and PowerMac.

I was pretty surprised at how well Rosetta (i think i spelled it wrong lol) ran on the intel. Now if VPC could run that fast on a PowerPC (hey i can dream lol)

I am very excited to see what comes out of leopard!!

Well, thats my thoughts on the whole Keynote from WWDC
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

I watched it and came out with a sense of relief, and I'm no computerwiz!

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
rs2sensen

rs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the roughrs2sensen is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostuff1

I was pretty surprised at how well Rosetta (i think i spelled it wrong lol) ran on the intel. Now if VPC could run that fast on a PowerPC (hey i can dream lol)

I am very excited to see what comes out of leopard!!
I second that! Rosetta (u spelled it right) is a very exciting technology, and Leopard, which at first didn't seem like a very good cat name to use, but is growing on me, is something I am very excited about seeing more of!

Apple is going to continue to peck at M$. The fact that they are coinciding the release of Leopard with Longhorn makes that very obvious.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

is "M$" microsoft? lol sorry for not knowing what that is.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« argh! iChat update already! | Mac Mini Upgrade? »