Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Apple needs to come out with...
    Apple should come out with a PDA based on a Mac OS, kind of like the Windows Pocket PC's.

Also, Apple should come out with a new line of laptops like the old ClamShell G3's with different colors and such. I'm dying for a key lime laptop, but I don't want to buy an overpriced and rare ClamShell. Hehe.

What do you guys think?

The PDA market isn't exactly blowing up. It isn't something I would want to get into.

Cloudane
    True, smartphones seem to be the way things are going IMO. Well then, I'd buy an Apple smartphone

Specs:
    20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
    Yeh but can you imagine a screen similar to a P910 encased in stainless steel, and running Tiger!
    Incidently for the coloured lappies, why not just get a ibook and paint it like you see everywhere!
    Alex

Qaxpla
    I can imagine the cost of it too

I'd be much more interested in an Apple smartphone rather than a PDA but maybe that's just my personal taste...

Specs:
    MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
    Quote Originally Posted by smeshy123
    Apple should come out with a PDA based on a Mac OS, kind of like the Windows Pocket PC's.

Also, Apple should come out with a new line of laptops like the old ClamShell G3's with different colors and such. I'm dying for a key lime laptop, but I don't want to buy an overpriced and rare ClamShell. Hehe.

What do you guys think?
    why don't you get a newton

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" • iPhone 6 • iPad Air • and many iPods
    Ditto on the other sentiments here... PDAs seem to be fading from importance.

As for the color ibooks: I am not sure what the market for this would be, but I have the feeling it would be limited.

I know I never even considered carrying an iBook until they came out with the all-white ones. I hated the color ones.

ok, well...a Mac PDA/Smartphone would be nice...

As for the color macs, the market would be the younger generation...teenagers and such...get them into mac while they're young ...like Mac did to me.

I wouldn't get a newton because I love the look and feel of mac products. I would love a Smartphone/PDA that looked like a Mac/Ipod merged into one.
    15.4" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD Mac OS x 10.4.4
    1.8Ghz P4 1024mb RAM 2x80GB, 1x160GB, 1x250GB HD's Windows XP and SuSe Linux 9
    IPOD 6gb Lime Green Mini

smartphone? never saw one of those!
    www.idadgraphics.com
    I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
    thank you MacForums and all it's members

iMe
    How comfusing it would be to have an Apple phone with numbers on a huge click-wheel!!
    I think PDA series would be nice, and another Laptop series...Maybe something that compares to the mac mini, but with a screen and keypad.

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro
    IMO PDAs are pretty useless I have one and my iPod does everything i needed it for except an account book and adding stuff with out a computer. That being said i think they should come out with a full laptop with tablet capability like these http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...&seg=HHO&sel=1 except better of corse

I've never really liked the tablet PC's, I always found them kind of pointless and over priced...but Mac could probably do a much better job...
    15.4" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD Mac OS x 10.4.4
    1.8Ghz P4 1024mb RAM 2x80GB, 1x160GB, 1x250GB HD's Windows XP and SuSe Linux 9
    IPOD 6gb Lime Green Mini

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by smeshy123
    I've never really liked the tablet PC's, I always found them kind of pointless and over priced...but Mac could probably do a much better job...
    yup and if you dont like the tablet part you can always use it as a normal laptop

Cloudane
    But let's just admit it... if Apple made a tablet it'd be even more overpriced

Specs:
    17" MacBook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane
    But let's just admit it... if Apple made a tablet it'd be even more overpriced
    Maybe maybe not but either way you get all the apple quality and apples been getting alot better with prices

Thread Information