New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple needs to come out with...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smeshy123

smeshy123 is on a distinguished road

Apple should come out with a PDA based on a Mac OS, kind of like the Windows Pocket PC's.

Also, Apple should come out with a new line of laptops like the old ClamShell G3's with different colors and such. I'm dying for a key lime laptop, but I don't want to buy an overpriced and rare ClamShell. Hehe.

What do you guys think?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

The PDA market isn't exactly blowing up. It isn't something I would want to get into.
QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

True, smartphones seem to be the way things are going IMO. Well then, I'd buy an Apple smartphone
QUOTE Thanks
alexmaccoll

alexmaccoll is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5

Yeh but can you imagine a screen similar to a P910 encased in stainless steel, and running Tiger!
Incidently for the coloured lappies, why not just get a ibook and paint it like you see everywhere!
Alex
QUOTE Thanks
Qaxpla

I can imagine the cost of it too

I'd be much more interested in an Apple smartphone rather than a PDA but maybe that's just my personal taste...
QUOTE Thanks
jhelm007

jhelm007 is a jewel in the roughjhelm007 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeshy123
Apple should come out with a PDA based on a Mac OS, kind of like the Windows Pocket PC's.

Also, Apple should come out with a new line of laptops like the old ClamShell G3's with different colors and such. I'm dying for a key lime laptop, but I don't want to buy an overpriced and rare ClamShell. Hehe.

What do you guys think?
why don't you get a newton
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

Ditto on the other sentiments here... PDAs seem to be fading from importance.

As for the color ibooks: I am not sure what the market for this would be, but I have the feeling it would be limited.

I know I never even considered carrying an iBook until they came out with the all-white ones. I hated the color ones.
QUOTE Thanks
smeshy123

ok, well...a Mac PDA/Smartphone would be nice...

As for the color macs, the market would be the younger generation...teenagers and such...get them into mac while they're young ...like Mac did to me.

I wouldn't get a newton because I love the look and feel of mac products. I would love a Smartphone/PDA that looked like a Mac/Ipod merged into one.

15.4" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD Mac OS x 10.4.4
1.8Ghz P4 1024mb RAM 2x80GB, 1x160GB, 1x250GB HD's Windows XP and SuSe Linux 9
IPOD 6gb Lime Green Mini
QUOTE Thanks
iNAP

iNAP has a spectacular aura about

smartphone? never saw one of those!

www.idadgraphics.com
I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
thank you MacForums and all it's members
QUOTE Thanks
iMe

How comfusing it would be to have an Apple phone with numbers on a huge click-wheel!!
I think PDA series would be nice, and another Laptop series...Maybe something that compares to the mac mini, but with a screen and keypad.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

IMO PDAs are pretty useless I have one and my iPod does everything i needed it for except an account book and adding stuff with out a computer. That being said i think they should come out with a full laptop with tablet capability like these http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/...&seg=HHO&sel=1 except better of corse

QUOTE Thanks
smeshy123

I've never really liked the tablet PC's, I always found them kind of pointless and over priced...but Mac could probably do a much better job...

15.4" Macbook Pro 1.83Ghz 2GB RAM 80GB HD Mac OS x 10.4.4
1.8Ghz P4 1024mb RAM 2x80GB, 1x160GB, 1x250GB HD's Windows XP and SuSe Linux 9
IPOD 6gb Lime Green Mini
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeshy123
I've never really liked the tablet PC's, I always found them kind of pointless and over priced...but Mac could probably do a much better job...
yup and if you dont like the tablet part you can always use it as a normal laptop

QUOTE Thanks
Cloudane

But let's just admit it... if Apple made a tablet it'd be even more overpriced
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudane
But let's just admit it... if Apple made a tablet it'd be even more overpriced
Maybe maybe not but either way you get all the apple quality and apples been getting alot better with prices

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How the Powerbook lineup should look like... | How install Os 9.2.2 in a G4 MDD Dual 1.25 (no FW800) »