New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple World’s Most Admired Company

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Apple World’s Most Admired Company

World's Most Admired Companies: Who does business trust? - Mar. 4, 2010

Quote:
So which company does business admire most? Even among this select group there is a clear leader: For the third straight year Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) takes the No. 1 spot -- this time by the highest margin ever, according to Hay Group, the management consulting firm that collaborates with Fortune on the list. Indeed, in 2009, 51% of corporate leaders surveyed said they admired Apple, an unprecedented majority.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Great stuff, particularly when you consider that this is NOT the opinion of consumers (who also hold Apple in very high regard) but of OTHER businesses -- ie their commercial peers.

But why shouldn't they? Apple makes great products, high profits, great return on investment, constantly reinvents themselves, is a major influencer far beyond the computer world, drives technology forward and has an insanely loyal customer base.

Show me a business that doesn't want to be in that position (apart from Microsoft, apparently!)
QUOTE Thanks
Powa

Powa is on a distinguished road

I reside in Glasgow, Scotland.

Having bought an iMac from Apple’s Glasgow store, I tried this morning to activate my One-to-One membership online. For some reason, only the One-to-one page would not work for me. I contacted Apple’s support desk, who informed me that my browser (Internet Explorer 8) was having issues with the Apple web page.

The Support Desk told me to phone the Glasgow store who would arrange for an appointment to be made for a One-to-One introduction.
On calling the Glasgow store, I spoke to ‘Kelly’ and told her what Apple Support had told me. Nevertheless, Kelly refused to accept a telephone booking. I asked her if a supervisor was available and she informed me, “There’s no-one here.”

I asked her if ‘Gordon’ the team leader was available (he is the member of staff who sold me the iMac). Kelly told me that she could not give me this information over the phone. I asked her when Gordon would be on duty but she refused to divulge this information.

At this point, my patience was exhausted and I subsequently made my way into Glasgow City Centre, where I visited the Apple store. Spoke to Gordon (yes, he was on duty)!!! And he confirmed that staff are not permitted to say when a named person is on duty. According to Gordon, anyone could phone up and then make their way to the store and accost that member of staff. Give me strength!!! Have you ever heard the likes of it? A customer phones up, gives details of his newly purchased computer (serial number, etc) and asks to speak to the salesman who sold him the computer – and the company adopt a Secret Squirrel policy.

The best bit was when Kelly advised me to stop using my Windows PC and use the iMac to activate the One-to-One membership online. I asked her how she expected me to be able operate an iMac when I had never used one in my life. After all, that’s why I was trying to activate the One-to-One membership (so that I could learn how to install, register and work the machine). Mind you, I had already explained to her that I had never worked a Mac before.

I had been assured by friends that an Apple iMac was the Rolls Royce of machines. However, what I experienced today was not a good advert for the staff/company policy. I expected at least some basic help from the Glasgow staff when on the phone to them. I sincerely trust that this isn’t a taster for what’s to come.
QUOTE Thanks
iggibar

iggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to beholdiggibar is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 4.1 15" MBP. 13" MBP. 17" PB. Power Mac G5. iPhone 5s 64gb

Powa, hang in there man. We are all more than glad to lend a helping hand.

As for Apple, good for them. They deserve it.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

I have to point out that you could have easily solved this problem yourself on your PC by simply using Firefox instead of AYIEEE8.

I'm not sure why the Glasgow store has adopted this odd policy, but I think you'll find the larger "Mac community" much more welcoming and friendly.
QUOTE Thanks
mmelen

mmelen is on a distinguished road

I'm surprised that Apple beat out Google for the #1 spot. It's also odd how you can combine all these different industries into one for this list.

For example, how can you compare the trustfulness factor (or whatever) of Apple with that of Berkshire Hathaway ?)
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

And here is more proof. I found this posted today.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ads in the itunes app store? This article thinks it's a posability. | Apple Store is Down »