New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple Tablet

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Ilnyckyj

Ilnyckyj is on a distinguished road

"Apple Computer was granted a patent for an enigmatically titled "Electronic device" Tuesday, May 10th, 2005. Illustrations for the device clearly indicate it to be a tablet-style Macintosh, and patent filings specifically compare it to the "HP Compaq Tablet PC" and several other tablet machines.

The patent was filed on March 17th, 2004 (first broken by The Register in August, 2004 as noted in the comments), and granted by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) as US Design Patent No. D504,899 on May 10, 2005. "

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2005/05/10.18.shtml
QUOTE Thanks
mraya

mraya is a jewel in the roughmraya is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB

Now that is something i would like to see.
QUOTE Thanks
CaptainMack

there has been a lot of talk about his for a long time and nothing has ever happened. i would be surprised if this really happened.

im not saying it wouldnt be cool though
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

not to be pessimistic, but that is old, and was originally thought by the SAME site to be the new imac g5, I doubt very seriously that will happen as it will be a competition between that anbd apple laptops.
QUOTE Thanks
Steel02001

Tablets have seemingly gone no where fast. Everyone thinks they are cool but they never really took off.
QUOTE Thanks
EvoMac

I actually work in a field where tablets are becoming industry standard. I am in IT for a pharmaceutical company and by Q1 - 06 our sales force will be all tablet. The company I worked for prior had their entire sales force already migrated over to tablet.

They work nicely for pharma sales reps because they get dr's sigs right on the tablet.

Although it would be cool for graphic design as well.
QUOTE Thanks
coach_z

coach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to beholdcoach_z is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: i dont have no mac's

tablets are good for fields like that, also im sure shipping and recieving could use them, doctors would love them....from a consumer standpoint im not really feelin it...

MoTM honor roll...
when?
i dont remember
QUOTE Thanks
EvoMac

In theory a graphic designer should like a tablet. Being able to draw directly on the screen and avoid the mouse / pen combo all together would make things easier in some aspects.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I know plenty of fields that would love to have one, they go on a job site and then bid whatever it they want to big using the computer right then and there.. same with a laptop, but it seems the tablet would be more convenient.
QUOTE Thanks
ByzantineRemnant

ByzantineRemnant will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacPro, MBP C2D, iMac G4

Students taking notes, on a tablet Mac? Awesome...
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

laptops would be better for that though typing is faster than writing .(well for most...)
QUOTE Thanks
NightCrawler

NightCrawler is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro (early 2011) 2,2 i7, 4 GB RAM, 750 GB HDD, 1 GB ATI 6750M, High-Res AntiGlare Screen

ZOMFG :bone: more apples = yumm! =D

Quote:
- It's like - he was got - they'd just like. It was like so hush hush. They were so... quiet about it. And then the next thing you know...
QUOTE Thanks
amendolair

amendolair is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D

i would definitely like tablet to take notes on in class. no one really takes their laptop to class at my school, but i would most definitely use a tablet in place of a notebook.
QUOTE Thanks
supremeoverlord

so if they don't intend to make this what was the point of "inkwell"? I mean that screams TABLET!
I being a artist myself would love one of these babies, I often felt sad when I looked at the PC tablet and thought about how much I would hate to have a cool device that ran windows
QUOTE Thanks
fearlessfreap24

fearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nicefearlessfreap24 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D

my last duty station was testing out tablets with the doctors. most of the new fresh out of school docs could work them well. it will catch on soon. i agree to that it has not been moving very fast. it seems that people fear change and reject these kind of things until they see what can be done with it, get use to it, and then actually apply it.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTunes 4.8 | iMac G5 H/W updated ...hopefully »