New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

What will apple show debut at WWDC or Paris?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

metsfan489

With upgrades to almost all of apple's hardware lines (eMac, iMac, PowerMac, and an iBook upgrade due soon...) in the next few weeks, it leaves me wondering what apple will show off at WWDC or at the Paris Expo. The only two lines that have not been upgraded are the powerbooks and mac mini's..but they were only released/updated a few months ago. WWDC is a developers conference so Apple is not "obligated" to upgrade any hardware but now that tiger is about to be shipped, they won't have the "big news" to annouce it at WWDC.

Apple likes to have a "shocker" at all their events, so I was wondering what you guys thought would be apple's next "shocker"?

Edit: Corrected grammar in title
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

If we knew what is was, it wouldn't be a "shocker".
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

New displays with 3D technology Umm.. a new Apple phone/PDA.. that type of stuff
QUOTE Thanks
falltime

We will definitely not be seeing any new Powerbooks @ the DC.
QUOTE Thanks
metsfan489

Quote:
Originally Posted by falltime
We will definitely not be seeing any new Powerbooks @ the DC.
You really think so? Apple has been known to surprise us. I personally think that apple will release some sort of *major* update to the powerbook at either WWDC or Paris Expo. (I'm really hoping for WWDC) The last update only had a small bump in the speeds, not really much of a "worthy" bump. (Sure they made 5400 hd's standard, but wouldn't you expect that from a prosumer line?) It seems strange that the iBook, is so close to the powerbook in specs. The price difference between a ibook and powerbook is hard to justify when its so little a gap.

-metsfan489
QUOTE Thanks
inflexion

inflexion will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle

no it wouldnt make sense as they only updated them a few months ago, i personally want them to unveil the new iMacs that have been on all the rumor sites.

Might spur me into getting one as they will be dual format drives
QUOTE Thanks
falltime

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan489
You really think so? Apple has been known to surprise us. I personally think that apple will release some sort of *major* update to the powerbook at either WWDC or Paris Expo. (I'm really hoping for WWDC) The last update only had a small bump in the speeds, not really much of a "worthy" bump. (Sure they made 5400 hd's standard, but wouldn't you expect that from a prosumer line?) It seems strange that the iBook, is so close to the powerbook in specs. The price difference between a ibook and powerbook is hard to justify when its so little a gap.

-metsfan489
Well... IF apple does announce some kind of enhanced PB (which is very unlikely), it won't be a G5 version, that's for sure. The lengths Apple has taken to keep it's current flagship PB "cool" is absurd, and they still border off temp spec... and if its not a G5 PB, what the heck could it be? And who the heck would care at this point?

The current 2.5GHz 970FX G5 @ the current process (90nm) requires a liquid-cooling system to keep it @ spec. IBM most likely figured something out, and I'd be shocked if we didn't see a dual-core 970MP derivative G5 scaled up to at least 3GHz announced at the DC.

My guess is that we won't see any kind of "G5" Powerbook until Apple moves down to 65nm... which they'll probably announce @ MWSF in Jan. Jobs will probably hint upon it @ the DC keynote, but I doubt he'll anounced a full-fledged G5 PB.
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan489

-metsfan489
Who knows it might be a PowerBook G5

QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

I doubt itll be new imacs, since imacs were recently updated. maybe some sort of software? for audio or something? I'm pretty unsure, there's not much it could be, so we won't know til we know.
QUOTE Thanks
bassplayrr

bassplayrr will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video

I would love to see a G5 cube. Sure it'd be larger than the Mini, but the added space would provide enough cooling for a G5 and would still retain a form factor much smaller than a full blown PowerMac.

-Chris
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

Benjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really niceBenjamindaines is just really nice

Its probably not going to be ipods there pretty annual, Probably not going to be an update of anything because every update that they would do would just be minor, not gunna be a new G cuz they just went to 2.7, MIGHT be cellphone or pda or tablet mac. and of corse there will be a tiger demo.

QUOTE Thanks
djlee12

djlee12 has a spectacular aura about

How about asteroid? I've heard that it's some sort of interface for using instruments in Garageband. If that's what it was, I would buy one RIGHT AWAY. I've heard some great rumors about it.

DJ Lee

Watts Up Productions
www.wattsupproductions.com
QUOTE Thanks
iMe

When are the next ipods coming out?.....I've been reading around and people are saying that they are due sometime in September?......Maybe Steve will show off come concepts for the ipods/PowerPods.....lol, I just had to add the Power on it!!
QUOTE Thanks
Benjamindaines

i can see apple making a powerpod. it will have recording capabilities

QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

no, the ipod can already record audio using third party accessories, and it won't record video, and steve said there will NEVER be a videopod, or any ipod that plays video, I'm leaning toward maybe use of a dual core processor or more than 2 processors in future macs.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Tiger Could Be Stopped!! | Xbox 360 Games are Made on MAC ! »