New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple named among top 10 most innovative companies

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Source: MacMinute.com

Apple named among top 10 most innovative companies
September 30, 2003 - 13:42 EDT Apple was named as one of the Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in a new report released by Cheskin, a strategic consulting and research firm, and Fitch:Worldwide, an international brand and design firm. Surprisingly, Apple finished behind both Microsoft and Dell. "The study surveyed over 500 senior business executives across the U.S. in a wide range of industry sectors, asking them in-depth questions on their companies' innovation practices, including specific approaches, level of authority and leadership, spending trends, success metrics and the influence of major industry trends." The 35-page report, "Fast, Focused & Fertile: the Innovation Evolution," is available for free online and can be downloaded from Cheskin or Fitch:Worldwide.

My Comments: Yeah I don't have any idea how Apple finished behind Microsoft and Dell.. but then again since the PC is more widely used.. I guess I could see executives keeping up with the PC market and not the Apple market.. so they wouldnt realize that Apple is most definitely more innovative.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

hey at least they are gettin there cred
QUOTE Thanks
Fomer

Quote:
My Comments: Yeah I don't have any idea how Apple finished behind Microsoft and Dell.. but then again since the PC is more widely used.. I guess I could see executives keeping up with the PC market and not the Apple market.. so they wouldnt realize that Apple is most definitely more innovative.
Keep in mind Dell is innovative, I mean who else could take an idea Apple has done for awhile and completly rip it off and try and market as their idea.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I guess I don't know the meaning of innovation.

Innovation (verb)

To steal or copy someone's ideas, make it your own.
QUOTE Thanks
Xer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlyn
With that said, PC's became popular as a business tool because they were cheap and mass adopted by smaller companies at their genesis. Apple wouldn't licence any of their intellectual property, during their humble beginings - but IBM did. With that said, IBM gave birth to Intel.

On the subject of innovation... how many of you agree with the following article:

http://www.theinquirer.org/?article=11822
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

An interesting read.. not sure what I think though.. i guess we should take a look at what Apple stated and see if it coincides.. because Apple wouldnt make claims it couldnt back up and could get suid for due to false advertising
QUOTE Thanks
Xer0

Quote:
An interesting read.. not sure what I think though.. i guess we should take a look at what Apple stated and see if it coincides.. because Apple wouldnt make claims it couldnt back up and could get suid for due to false advertising
I suppose - but what the article is mainly emplying is , the 64-bit version of OS-X hasn't shipped - therfore making Apple's claims, null. any hoot - we all know 64-bits is the next revolution waiting to hit the PC - that will surely benefit everyone.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

I thought every single G5 was 64 bit? and they came out way before that article was written...
QUOTE Thanks
Xer0

Quote:
I thought every single G5 was 64 bit? and they came out way before that article was written...
Yah - the hardware is 64-bit - there just making a meal about the lack of a 64-bit O/S.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

The 64 bit OS will be available before you know it. The problem is will the software be there. When the OS is fully 64 bit, there will be 32 bit binaries included so that the 32 bit software will still run, even thou the processor can handle 32 bit processoring.
QUOTE Thanks
Xer0

Yah - i've pretty much followed the hardware development of the PowerPC chip - and it was co developed with IBM and [ the company Apple fail to mention ] AMD. I'm pretty certain these new flavour, 64-bit chips use some Alpha technology - especially for memory management. But we call that, the hyper-transport.

Time goe's by quickly - and we will have a 64-bit o/s when available in both Apple and Microsoft flavours - question is, who will be first? [ Does it even matter :rolleyes: ] But when u think about it... Apple announced the worlds first 64-bit desktop - without a 64-bit o/s so i guess it does matter to those, who like to get into the nitty gritty.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0
Yah - i've pretty much followed the hardware development of the PowerPC chip - and it was co developed with IBM and [ the company Apple fail to mention ] AMD. I'm pretty certain these new flavour, 64-bit chips use some Alpha technology - especially for memory management. But we call that, the hyper-transport.

Time goe's by quickly - and we will have a 64-bit o/s when available in both Apple and Microsoft flavours - question is, who will be first? [ Does it even matter :rolleyes: ] But when u think about it... Apple announced the worlds first 64-bit desktop - without a 64-bit o/s so i guess it does matter to those, who like to get into the nitty gritty.

I believe it was the worlds first 64 bit consumer desktop computer.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Columnist on Apple design, packaging and 'feel' | Apple to join Digital Architecture Tour »