New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

The rumors are out on the new specs for the Powermac, iMac, and eMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0504macs.html

Just giving a heads up to those that don't check thinksecret.

iMac and eMac get better video cards, speed increases all around.
QUOTE Thanks
BurntSmore

BurntSmore is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM

NOOOO!!!!!! My iMac G5 will now be outdated!!! Is there a way to upgrade my videocard?
QUOTE Thanks
shaun89

shaun89 will become famous soon enough

Nope.. Unfortunatly, the videocard in the iMac isnt actually a card. It's onboard. Meaning its soldered onto the mother board.
QUOTE Thanks
zakatov

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun89
Nope.. Unfortunatly, the videocard in the iMac isnt actually a card. It's onboard. Meaning its soldered onto the mother board.
And that is why no matter how good of a value the iMac is/will be, I will spend more $$ on the PM so I wouldn't be locked into something that can be upgraded on any other computer in 10 minutes
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

For the price I paid for my iMac and the footprint it takes up.. Ill just buy another when it comes to that time
QUOTE Thanks
menace3054

i am glad to hear that the powermac upgrades arent that significant... i just got mine 3 weeks ago, i was worried they were going to like start at 2.5 and go up to 3.5 or something. oh well
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

weird..i thought the eMac line was over
QUOTE Thanks
mcsenerd

mcsenerd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini 1.58 - 60 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive - 1 GB PC3200 & 1.33 Ghz 12" iBook w/ 80 GB 7200 RPM HD

I've tried to tell peeps for ages now that they would continue the eMac line...the mini doesn't replace it...there's no built-in monitor.
QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

does anyone else think that the 64mb radeon 9600 thats going into the new emac will probably go into an updated ibook? :miner:

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear
does anyone else think that the 64mb radeon 9600 thats going into the new emac will probably go into an updated ibook? :miner:
I hope it does, it would be nice if all of their computers could support Core Image.
QUOTE Thanks
Jefe3223

Quote:
Originally Posted by xthisisRomancex
weird..i thought the eMac line was over
I thought it had started to fade out as well. It seems like, lately, there have been a few more emac users joining us here. I'm glad to see it's still popular. I think they (apple) sell the imac so hard, that people forget about the emac. More power to those who buy it, and i hope they enjoy it.
QUOTE Thanks
xthisisRomancex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsenerd
I've tried to tell peeps for ages now that they would continue the eMac line...the mini doesn't replace it...there's no built-in monitor.
i knew the mini wasnt gonna replace the eMac.. It just seems that the better choice would be the imac if u are looking for an all-in-one
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

.... Cool!

... This would mean that the current iMac G5's will go down in price???

Correct??

Ill probably buy a used one.... I was thinking of getting a new powermac but maybe just a used iMac and new Powerbook, that'd be cool.

... For all I do anyway I doubt it would make a big difference.

I'd be mainly using Macromedia Director MX
Flash MX
Photoshop

Surfing the net

Microsoft office.

Who will benefit most from these new upgrades? :headphone
QUOTE Thanks
Morrigan

I think Apple would be silly NOT to upgrade ALL systems to support all features of Tiger - Core Image included.
It's likely the iBook will get an upgraded video card, but then again there are factors that I don't know about, like would cooling be a probblem on a more powerful graphics card?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRock
.... Cool!

... This would mean that the current iMac G5's will go down in price???

Correct??
They'll probably stop selling the current ones, they will probably put them on sale to get rid of what they have in inventory.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple ditching the "G" Trademark? | The New Final Cut Studio »