New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

Apple rumored to possibly launch Snow Leopard OS June 8

Thread Closed

roffir

roffir will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4

Report: Apple to launch Snow Leopard OS June 8
PKGuy323

PKGuy323 will become famous soon enough

That makes sense to me, since Steve Jobs will be back on duty to roll it out....
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

It was expected to debut around WWDC 09

June 2007
July 2009
dabears34

dabears34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4

I cant wait to see how well snow leopard works.... or doesn't.
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I'm looking forward to it.
livinitup1

livinitup1 is on a distinguished road

I'm really looking forward to Snow Leopard. I hope it's like what Tiger was for OS X.
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Snow Leopard will be amazing when it comes out. I wouldn't get all excited for a rumored release date because we all know Apple won't release an operating system until they feel like its good enough for the consumer. Although I hope it will be out by WWDC 09, its possible that it could be delayed.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitup1 View Post
I'm really looking forward to Snow Leopard. I hope it's like what Tiger was for OS X.
It won't be in terms of flashy new features that the end user will notice directly. For those of us who like the "under the hood" features, this should be a good release. Grand Central, OpenCL and further extension of 64-bit support are welcome features but the end user won't see much of this (albeit utilize it everyday).

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
HowGudAmI

HowGudAmI will become famous soon enough

cant wait, supposed to be so much faster.

its called snow leopard because it is CLOSE to leopard, its the same animal, but faster and sleeker.
gixxersean

gixxersean will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: ::24" 2.8ghz iMac w/ nVidia 8800GS::2.4Ghz Unibody Macbook::

I know it's a bit too speculative now, but do you think games will run smoother/ faster under snow leopard. I play a first person shooter (urban terror) and when I run it in OSX I get 60 frames per second whereas in Windows I get 125 frames per second.
bikalpapaudel

bikalpapaudel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium MacBook | iPod Touch

I'd want this Snow Leopard to be really optimised for Intel x86-64 architecture. Leopard feels so slow on my Aluminum MacBook, when it should not be.

On the other hand, PPC Mac users arent gonna be so excited. I can imagine how those Dual G5 iMac .. or say Quad G5 Mac Pro guys might be feeling.

Aluminum MacBook Pro 13", AOC 22" Full HD. iPod Touch, HTC Gene. Windows 7 on a dumpster.

Everest, Buddha, Gorkha.
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

That will be right around the time I move from my Quad G5 to a Quad (or Octo) Intel box.

Lewwy

Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

If I upgrade to Snow Leopard, is it likely that I'll get iLife 09?
Or is that a ridiculous question?

Reason being im looking to upgrade my iLife shortly, and if its set to come with SL I might aswell wait till I upgrade the whole OS.

Thanks for any help.
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

no ilife comes with the computer not with the operating system, so when you buy a new os you don't get the new ilife.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
Lewwy

Lewwy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM

Looks like ill be upgrading both then

Edit: Thanks for the info though!

Thread Closed

« Apple sort of admits iPhone overheating issues.... | Apple iPhone to Partner with Verizon Q1 2009 »