Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fabio
    important question about the best G5
    hi guys

like you probably already read, i've ordered a G5 2*2.5Ghz in august, but didnt get it. delivery problems.

so, fact is, that somewhen in january is a apple expo (or something like this ), and it's possible, that there will be new G5 presented.

so, do you think on january new powermac (not imac, emac, or whatever) G5 will be released??

cause if, i'd abort my order, and wait for the newer one.

it would be stupid, if i buy the old mac, get it also in january (i dont think it will be delivered this year), and some week later, newer powermacs are presented, and the one i've got, is much cheaper.

Specs:
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    theres no way that theyll release a new g5 so soon after the release of the g5 imac, it'd be in direct competition with eachother.

fabio
    hm why not'??
    the iMac is more a consumer produkt, while the powermacs are more "pro" products.

but, i've looked at some rumors, and there was no mention on a new powermac, so.

can some other confirm (or at least give a reason, why not), that on jan are NO newer G5 releasd.

thanks

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    You can look at MacRumors Buyers Guide, for possible suggestions.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

fabio
    okey, i canceled my order for the G5 2*2.5 Ghz

i'll wait 'till januar, and if the introduce new G5, i think the 2*2.5 Ghz will be cheaper, in about the range of the 2*2Ghz now.

do you guys think this could be??

cause if you look at the buyers guid from macrumors, they say, that propably januar new models will be releasd

Specs:
    theres a reason why that type of info is posted at macrumors and not mcnn, its probably not true, ie a rumor. if I was you, just get the dual 2.5 g5, or wait and be disappointed come january. I have friends that work for apple and tell me when everythings coming out and whats coming out, so far NO ONE at apple, including developers know anything as far as a new g5 or other model mac being released in january.

nsrii
    Quote Originally Posted by Macman
    theres a reason why that type of info is posted at macrumors and not mcnn, its probably not true, ie a rumor. if I was you, just get the dual 2.5 g5, or wait and be disappointed come january. I have friends that work for apple and tell me when everythings coming out and whats coming out, so far NO ONE at apple, including developers know anything as far as a new g5 or other model mac being released in january.
    Have your friends said anything about possible price drops in January? I'm more interested in getting lower prices on existing models rather than worrying about a new G5 model, personally.

Specs:
    a few apple reps and sales people have mentioned price reductions on the powermac g5 line coming soon, not in january, but soon enough. since you were looking at the dual 2.5 ghz g5, Ive noticed lately that everyone thats ordered one has waited for months beore getting it if its bto as opposed to a stock g5.

macman
    do you have friends that work as developers at apple?

Specs:
    one, and a very close friend of mines uncle is part of the dev team.

fabio
    so, what do you think guy

RobDreugan
    It doesn't matter what or when you buy your G5. Within 6 months to a year there will be a faster G5. I wouldn't get too hung up about it, because they are all great machines.

I've got the dual 2.0 and I have no doubt this computer will last me at least for another 4 years. I bought the dual in oct of last year and even though the new 2.5 is out, I don't regret this purchase one bit.

It's fast, upgradable, plenty of slots for ram, and it's only going to be stronger once all programs are running at 64 bit.

I doubt you'll see a new dual G5 until fall of next year. And I think that's pushing it.

fabio
    yes, that could be, but if you buy a G5 now, and just two weeks later the SAME machine is about 800francs cheaper, you just feel punk'd

I don't think there would be a new G5 comming in January. Simply Because they are (or supposedly) comming out with a new PowerBook line. I don't think they would be working on 2 machines comming out in the new year. The G5's are really fast now. You think they'd make a dual 3Ghz or something? naw....

Just my opinion though.

fabio
    "new year, new limits" propalby

Thread Information