New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

2010 Mac(s)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

This is according to the latest issue of MacLife. Sorry for poor quality. The iTablet fits inside the iMac and you can use the additional HD and processor, or you can remove it and carry it with you. Gee I get my sights set on one, and they bring them out faster then I can accumulate the money for the first!!

http://gallery.mac.com/papanohair#10...&bgcolor=black
QUOTE Thanks
The Vindicat3d

The Vindicat3d is a jewel in the roughThe Vindicat3d is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.

That looks pretty awesome and not too unbelievable.

Use the Rep System!!

Check out my Blog-->Malevolent Poetry-Updated as of 4/4/08 and will be weekly.
QUOTE Thanks
sanity1082

sanity1082 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle

looks interesting. i would consider it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Wasn't something like this rumored on before Macworld 2008? There were patent filings and everything

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
iApple

iApple will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2.66ghz Core 2 duo iMac (20in), 320gb HDD, 4gb DDR3 1066mhz, iPhone 3g (8GB), Nano 4g (16GB)

That thing is awesome! Oh and i like that chuck norris pick lol
QUOTE Thanks
kgeier82

kgeier82 is a jewel in the roughkgeier82 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt

that would be a great idea if:

the HD was inside the tablet? or have two installs, that synced/mirrored eachother?

I mean, you pull the Tablet out, and you wanna take what your working on with you, along with itunes....blah blah blah.

you want both to function independently id assume too.

It seems cool, but there is an awful lot of loose ends to be stitched up in that design. Id prefer to have a 27" imac, that i slide my MBP into yummy

2.4ghz Unibody | Hitachi 320GB 7200 | 256MB 9600gt
QUOTE Thanks
Lytheil

Lytheil is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb

Looks awesome!

But I wouldn't like a touchscreen tablet for a notebook to carry around since I'm really clumsy. A notebook to slot in would be awesome.

QUOTE Thanks
carleymarie

carleymarie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD. 16 GB Wi-Fi iPad, 16 GB iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Wasn't something like this rumored on before Macworld 2008? There were patent filings and everything
From what I read, the article uses patents filed by Apple and have added colour and other attributes to predict some of the products of the future.

If Apple made the product on the cover, I would definitely want to get the "iTablet."

♥ MacBook 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD ♥ 16GB Wi-Fi iPad ♥ 16 GB iPhone 3GS ♥
♥ 3G Red 8 GB iPod nano ♥ 2G silver 4 GB iPod mini ♥ 2G purple 1 GB iPod shuffle ♥ 4G orange 2 GB iPod shuffle ♥
QUOTE Thanks
bryphotoguy

bryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nicebryphotoguy is just really nice
Mac Specs: Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

The link only took me to a .mac account to view photos.

From the description, it read like something I saw a few months ago before the last MB/MBA update. Or it was the last iMac update last year. In either case, it seemed like a really weird to me. I couldn't understand the usefulness of a laptop dock built into the iMac.

January 2008 Member of the Month
QUOTE Thanks
Waterpolo820

Waterpolo820 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell

I don't know.. what if it gets stuck or something? I would prefer a simple dock. But that's just personal preference i guess..
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Is that "Amsterdam" playing in iTunes?

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
From the description, it read like something I saw a few months ago before the last MB/MBA update.
Bingo. This is basically that rumor rehashed with the portable unit changed to a very thin tablet instead of a subnotebook similar to an Eee PC. (sp?)

With the powerful Atom processors coming out, I think the portable unit itself is very possible and I would love to see one, but I think the idea of docking into the iMac is impractical. Could the 2 units actually share hardware and be as powerful or more powerful than either alone? Could the iMac function without the portable unit and how? I just don't see it.

I would rather have this as my 2010 Mac:

"Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others"
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryphotoguy View Post
The link only took me to a .mac account to view photos.

From the description, it read like something I saw a few months ago before the last MB/MBA update. Or it was the last iMac update last year. In either case, it seemed like a really weird to me. I couldn't understand the usefulness of a laptop dock built into the iMac.
There is a picture of the computer that I scanned into the computer and then uploaded it to my pictures. It shows how the iTablet docks into the iMac. The iTablet has it's own HD and processor.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Actually, the way I read it was that the iMac looking thing was simply a shell with a built in LCD. You pop the laptop/tablet into the side and the iMac thing essentially acts like a docking station. So you aren't getting two computers, but rather a small laptop and a fancy docking station.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
DB2k

DB2k will become famous soon enough

i have no idea why there is no dock in my imac stand built in for my ipod. very annoying imo
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 10.5.4 Released! | Sync your bookmarks before July 6th »