New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Rumors and Reports Discuss what's going on with Apple in this forum

iPod Photo with a 40GB & 60GB iPod

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rberry88

rberry88 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook

THere is a new iPod, two actually, one is 40GB ($499) and a 60GB($599) iPod on the Apple.com website that has a 2 in LCD screen and comes with an app called iPod Photo.

Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/

Very cool

Looking for a PowerMac G4 for $500 or less USD.
QUOTE Thanks
alejandrico

alejandrico is on a distinguished road

When I saw it i Though i had a digital camera too
too bad it doesn't
QUOTE Thanks
Kutless217

Kutless217 is on a distinguished road

does anyone know if it can play video because it would be nice to have 60 gb hardrive to auto-capture from a camera to the iPod and be able to view it and listen to it
QUOTE Thanks
alejandrico

How come there were no rumors at all in this forums about the new ipod?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

It doesnt look like it, only photos
QUOTE Thanks
alejandrico

What would it need?
Probably only a software update
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all

yeah software update and there is also a new version of iTunes available, although I can't access it through Software Update yet, but I am sure by tonight it will be available.
QUOTE Thanks
Matt

That is so cool! 60gig, colour screen. I'm sure with 3rd Party software you could use video. Also, I bet there going to release a clip on camera, if its going to be Apple or 3rd Party who knows.
QUOTE Thanks
mig.gentry

mig.gentry will become famous soon enough

I noticed that apple are claiming a 15hr battery life. I'm assuming the colour screen will take more power so they must be using a better battery so: Why couldn't they stick this battery in the 4G?? That would give it a massive battery life right?
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

probably because they had a contract with their supplier for a certain amount of time.. that time is up so now they can use a different supplier. Or the technology just wasnt there when they were creating the 4th G and remember they create it long before we see it.. could be a lot of reasons
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

15 hours if you are only doing music

It can do pictures for 5 hours

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
Avalon

Avalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really niceAvalon is just really nice
Mac Specs: PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB

The iPod Photo is slightly thicker than the normal 40GB iPod (0.75" to 0.69"). I guess it's battery simply is bigger, that's why it has a higher capacity.
QUOTE Thanks
witeshark

witeshark will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7

I just looked over the new color iPod. It is incredible, even shows progress bars just like Aqua in OS X. So glad I waited :alien:
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Well they are nice, but the pricing is a little out of my league at the moment.

I mean, that's half an iBook...
Although it doesn't fit in my pocket, I still prefer my 'book & my 2nd gen. iPod as my digital hub
QUOTE Thanks
iPod

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until they put video capabilities in them until I even consider buing a brand new one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Fake Benchmarks | NEW iBook OUT TODAY! »