New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Apple Notebooks Apple's notebook computers including MacBook Pro, MacBook, MacBook Air, PowerBook, and iBook.

SCreen Protectors on 15"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mimmyhonker

I just ordered my first Mac, a 15" 1gHz Powerbook. I have been told that, on the 15", there is a danger of the keys touching the screen when it is folded shut, and that I should get a screen protector insert. Is this really the case? Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

the screen does touch the keys when closed, but its not to the point that it would damage the screen, just keep the keys clean and the panel clean and everything should be alright. I have one of those protector things, and I used it for a while, but never really noticed a difference.
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Same here.. I don't use a screen protector and my screen is fine. I've had mine for about a year and a half also, plus it has been all over the world with me.. and it still looks great. Now the paint on the powerbook is chipping and flaking off, but that's another story alltogether
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

My problem is not keeping the screen clean, thou I have a piece of cloth between the keyboard and the screen when it is closed. I use klear screen to clean the screen. What I like to know is what to use to clean the powerbook case?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
hokiethang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman
My problem is not keeping the screen clean, thou I have a piece of cloth between the keyboard and the screen when it is closed. I use klear screen to clean the screen. What I like to know is what to use to clean the powerbook case?
not sure, i havent really needed to clean my case just yet. I have some iklear so i may try that since it says its safe for cases as well. Otherwise, i keep my laptop safe enough to not need to clean it often.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« locked out | General Powerbook Question »